PDA

View Full Version : IAT Segment Unveiled

emerald
08-08-2008, 23:31
CORNER BROOK — The Humber Valley Trail is officially open.

The 25-kilometre hike from the Ballam Bridge to Humber Valley Resort had the International Appalachian Trail sign unveiled at its start Friday morning.

Click more (http://www.thewesternstar.com/index.cfm?sid=160598&sc=23) to read the entire article which ran in The Western Star on August 8, 2008 and was linked to WhiteBlaze's A.T. RSS feed forum on that day.

WalkingStick75
08-09-2008, 08:03
Nice, I hope to thru hike the IAT next year so I can see it for myself.

emerald
08-09-2008, 08:19
“We want to, for the sake of hikers and the adventure tourism market to keep trails opening every year or two to have something new for the local hikers and tourists to hike. Over the next seven or eight years, it fits in the 10-year plan to get all the trails done ...starting with the marquee trails — the ones people are going to want to come from around the world to see, like the Lewis Hills, the Blow Me Down Mountains, Parsons Pond-Portland Creek watershed.” -- Paul Wylezol, chair of the International Appalachian Trail of Newfoundland and Labrador

Sly
08-09-2008, 10:38
Ah, not for nothing you links bring you back and forth from one thread to another. Maybe you can edit your first post in this thread and put the news link in (or just paste the article), if your intention is to categorize it into the proper forum.

emerald
08-09-2008, 12:13
Ah, not for nothing your links bring you back and forth from one thread to another. Maybe you can edit your first post in this thread and put the news link in (or just paste the article), if your intention is to categorize it into the proper forum.

While I had wanted to refrain from posting the link again and to use the introductory information in the RSS feed post, I realize someone who clicked first on this thread and desired to comment would have needed to return here.

The link in the other thread was to encourage readers who clicked first on the RSS feed thread and its link to post comments here rather than in the other thread so readers in the future might more easily locate and benefit from those comments.

What I envisioned is simple for me since links pop-up in another window and I close them and return to where I began.

It required more effort on my part to do what you suggested, but I believe the result is better since this thread will likely get more traffic than the other as time goes on. Problem solving and thinking are good exercise for the mind.

Kerosene
12-31-2010, 10:29
Note that smith1983 above is a spammer. Avoid the whited out hyperlinks after 2011 until the admin can delete the post!