PDA

View Full Version : campmor

CarolinaJP
08-11-2008, 11:19
I was wondering if anyone had exchanged anything with campmor. I've got a bag that I want to exchange that I've had for about 5 months. There's nothing wrong with the bag i've barely used it Im just curious as to what I can expect. I have a serious camping excursion in two weeks and am worried that if I cant get the bag exchanged in time my girlfreind may be out of good bag, actually will probably be me out of the bag. Thanks

Monkeywrench
08-11-2008, 11:27
If you've used it and there is nothing wrong with it, why are you thinking you should be able to exchange it?

NICKTHEGREEK
08-11-2008, 11:28
I was wondering if anyone had exchanged anything with campmor. I've got a bag that I want to exchange that I've had for about 5 months. There's nothing wrong with the bag i've barely used it Im just curious as to what I can expect. I have a serious camping excursion in two weeks and am worried that if I cant get the bag exchanged in time my girlfreind may be out of good bag, actually will probably be me out of the bag. Thanks
You should expect to have your return refused. There's nothing wrong with the bag by your own admission, thus no basis for a claim. Be an honest consumer.

Odd Thomas
08-11-2008, 11:30
If it can still be sold as new they probably wouldn't have a problem.

CarolinaJP
08-11-2008, 14:02
I hope so Thomas. The bag states that it fits to 6'6 but I can barely get in it and I'm only 6'4. There is the possibility that I made the mistake when I purchased it but I have asked them to charge my credit card for a bag that's nearly $100 more. You've assumed I am not an honest consumer.

jersey joe
08-11-2008, 14:07
In my experience with Campmor they are very easy to deal with regarding equipment returns/exchanges. I have brought back two pairs of broken tent poles and they had no problem handing me new poles. Of course it should be noted that I live 15 minutes away from Campmor and went to the store.

sasquatch2014
08-11-2008, 16:07
I had gotten a tarp from them and when I went to rig it to my hammock I noticed that some of the grommets were simply not there, as in not even punched through the material. It took me about 4 months before I got back there but didn't have an issue. It was still in original packaging and I had the receipt. I also went to the store itself.

max patch
08-11-2008, 16:50
Sorry, but if you used it you own it.

fehchet
08-11-2008, 17:01
I agree, if you used it then you own it.

winger
08-11-2008, 18:02
Typical ethics of this unfortunate age.

Summit
08-11-2008, 18:10
Hey, lighten up on the ethics thing. If he was told it would fit him at 6'4" and it doesn't, then he has a legitimate reason for return, and you have to use it to find out that it doesn't fit.

I returned some boots that both shoe's toes came unglued quite a few years ago to Campmor. I was upset because they nearly ruined my hike. I tossed them in the box they came in with caked mud all over them and sent them back - got a cheerful refund! ;)

rickb
08-11-2008, 19:46
If it can still be sold as new they probably wouldn't have a problem.

Would you want to sleep in it? Yuk.

Sidewinder
08-11-2008, 20:00
It's simple, just call the customer service dept. at Campmor, explain the length doesn't work for you and be polite. I find by calling I get much better results than by email.

Hey REI takes used equipment back and re-sales it in their scratch and dent sales, so who's to say Campmor won't do the same.

workboot
08-11-2008, 20:06
I was wondering if anyone had exchanged anything with campmor. I've got a bag that I want to exchange that I've had for about 5 months. There's nothing wrong with the bag i've barely used it Im just curious as to what I can expect.

The bag states that it fits to 6'6 but I can barely get in it and I'm only 6'4. .

First post there was nothing wrong with it...and then...it doesnt fit ....hmmm?

Summit
08-11-2008, 20:11
First post there was nothing wrong with it...and then...it doesnt fit ....hmmm?So he tells the story one piece at a time. What's wrong with that? If some folks here weren't so quick to jump all over people, we sure could spend more time dealing with and discussing what's more important: gear, trails, hiking. ;)

Blissful
08-11-2008, 20:27
I have returned stuff to Campmor, including defective merchandise (not a sleeping bag though. Since they can't usually resell it, that may be an issue).

Doc_of_the_bay
08-11-2008, 22:39
I ordered a nylon tarp from Campmor a couple years ago, then decided I didn't need it. (Actually, I realized I already had a suitable tarp and the new one was just redundant gear.) Campmor accepted the return and refunded my money without any objections. I hadn't used the tarp at all.

saimyoji
08-11-2008, 22:51
if'n you are within the terms of return, don't feel guilty about doing so. especially if you are going to spend that money at campmor again. the reason outfitters have return policies is to keep their customers happy. you won't be cheating them.

CarolinaJP
08-11-2008, 23:46
Saimyoji that's a good point. I was just looking at how much I'd spent there and It was a mighty big number. I do in fact feel a bit guilty because I waited so long.....which was my original question as to the length of time its been....but I'm sure they'll get some more money off me in the future. That lead me to check out their financial reports and their balance sheet is looking great. They have raked in the dough consistently for the past few years.

Mags
08-12-2008, 00:25
Call. Politely explain the situation and I bet you'll get the service you seek. "Please" and "thanks" go a long way. :)

Folks, I don't think he is scamming. I've bought gear I've only used a time or two, found it didn't quite meet my needs, shove it in the closet to return later..and forget about it. :O

fehchet
08-12-2008, 05:49
Yes, definitely worth a try in returning the used sleeping bag. My only thought is, if it doesen't fit then why use it a bunch of times?

Mags
08-12-2008, 09:19
Yes, definitely worth a try in returning the used sleeping bag. My only thought is, if it doesen't fit then why use it a bunch of times?

He said he barely used it.

yaduck9
08-12-2008, 09:56
Why would a scammer go through the bother of posting on this forum?

Wouldn't a scammer just go ahead and return it?

Just a couple thoughts.....

Skyline
08-12-2008, 10:01
If you already have a good relationship with Campmor, and they with you, I'd expect to be treated fairly. You'll likely get the refund unless there is some industry-wide policy against exchanging used bags, clothing, etc. for hygenic reasons. If this is not an issue, they might expect it to be returned in mint condition, with original packaging so it can be re-sold.

If you were a first-time customer, you'd also probably be treated well. It's the chronic returner of merchandise that reputable retailers keep an eye on, and may eventually refuse.

Please let us know how things worked out.

Retro
08-13-2008, 20:51
Campmor's Return Policy:

"All UNUSED merchandise may be returned for refund within 1 year of purchase, or if used and found defective, we will exchange or repair within one year of purchase date."

WalkingStick75
08-14-2008, 10:52
Campmor may take the return but should they? If you took it out and used it and there was a problem you should have returned it then. If you don't like it now then why not just put it up for sale and you take the hit not the store or more accurately put the consumer (us).