PDA

View Full Version : I-81 Va. Bus Lines?

sasquatch2014
08-11-2008, 22:29
Does anyone know what if any bus line runs along I-81 in Va? I am looking for a bus that will run from down in the area of the Priest, Not sure which town yet, back up towards Front Royal.

wilconow
08-11-2008, 22:38
no there aren't.

Tennessee Viking
08-11-2008, 22:51
I know Greyhound runs Knoxville to Johnson City to Bristol to Marion.

Lone Wolf
08-12-2008, 05:13
Does anyone know what if any bus line runs along I-81 in Va? I am looking for a bus that will run from down in the area of the Priest, Not sure which town yet, back up towards Front Royal.

Greyhound runs I-81

wilconow
08-12-2008, 07:20
Greyhound runs I-81

More SW - Wytheville, Roanoke, Marion... he was asking about the area near the Priest and Front Royal

http://www.greyhound.com/home/TicketCenter/en/locations.asp?state=va

Alligator
08-12-2008, 08:52
I ran a schedule for Marion, VA to Harrisburg, PA through the Greyhound site. That would be a straight shot up I81 if they did have a route. The schedule sends the rider through Washington, DC. It looks like Greyhound's routes turn towards Charlottesville, VA, then heads to DC. 2-3 years ago I had a problem with routing near Hagerstown, MD. I think that is when the northern section of VA along I81 was clipped out of Greyhound's routes.

Blissful
08-12-2008, 11:47
The Priest is not near any major towns except the Waynesboro vicinity (which is off I 64). Once in town, you would need a shuttle to Tye River Gap.

sasquatch2014
08-12-2008, 20:43
God this is like the black hole of public transportation down in this area.

Alligator
08-20-2008, 10:00
I never noticed it before, but Greyhound has a route map here (http://www.greyhound.com/locations/routemap.shtml). It does show that eastward routing from Charlottesville, VA I noticed. It would help if they put some major roads on it.

Nicksaari
08-20-2008, 17:44
sasquatch:
get waynesboro. get a shuttle or cab to rockfish gap. walk south along BRP. smile, look nice and respectful, DONT put your thumb up. its illegal ONLY IF a ranger sees you doing it. some kind soul(s) will pick you up and take you to the tye river gap. from there, the dutch haus does shuttles. theyre good people.
or accept the fact that everything cost exuberantly more than it should, and get the cabbie to take you the twenty miles to the gap. were all capitalists...

best of luck, if i was going to be in the BRP that day, i would come get you from waynesboro and scoot you down thr', but ill be working.
best of luck man, have fun!