PDA

View Full Version : Long Trail Festival Camping

Just Jack
08-12-2008, 22:20
My question is about the camping that is suuposed to be available for hikers at the Long Trail Festival.
1. Where are the hikers supposed to camp?
2. Will there be a fee?
3. On what day can the hikers begin to camp?
Any other news regarding hiker camping would be appreciated.

Sly
08-12-2008, 22:38
Hey Jack,

Camping is at the fairgrounds. There's no fee that I know of but they ask you sign a waiver. I'm not sure of which days camping is allowed but, since it runs Fri-Mon, I assume (at least) Fri, Sat, & Sun. nights

http://www.longtrailfestivalvt.com/

Tin Man
08-12-2008, 23:37
The real question is: will there be billville?

Jack Tarlin
08-12-2008, 23:45
Some folks will be there. Jester's away, obviously. Bfitz will be there hopefully, as will Matty. Don't know about Trix, Blister, Chomp, Goat. Bobcat will be there, I think, so should Sly. I'm in Kansas right now (don't ask!) but hope to be in Rutland late Friday or sometime Saturday.

rafe
08-13-2008, 08:45
My wife and I will be there Friday evening. Hope to do a day hike up Sherburne Trail, and down the AT tomorrow. We're in Lake Placid, NY today. Doing a bit of hiking here and there as we can. The trails are wet and muddy. It's not the PCT but I do love these mountains... the DAKs are always awesome.

chomp
08-13-2008, 10:31
What the?????

Anyway, hope to see you on Friday, Jack. I'll be there Friday night for sure. I have to leave for the day on Saturday, but hope to return Saturday night.

This is a great event with some really good music. I look forward to getting back there.

Sly
08-13-2008, 13:17
Kansas?? What the?????

Anyway, hope to see you on Friday, Jack. I'll be there Friday night for sure. I have to leave for the day on Saturday, but hope to return Saturday night.

This is a great event with some really good music. I look forward to getting back there.

He's clicking his heels... there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.. :D

The Old Fhart
08-13-2008, 14:15
Sly-"He's clicking his heels... there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..:D"Are you sure you got that right Sly? I thought Jack was the one crushed under the house when it landed in Oz.:D:D

On the Festival, I was talking to Mad Hatter and I hear they have some good slide presentations coming up, including the JMT.

mudhead
08-13-2008, 17:47
Maybe they are giving tours at the Tony's Pizza factory.