PDA

View Full Version : Are Campmor Down Bags ...

workboot
08-15-2008, 21:12
full zipper length or half length ? Just wondering.

thestin
08-15-2008, 21:21
Mine is full length. Should say in the description.

swamp dawg
08-15-2008, 21:52
I really like the full zipper just because I like to get out of my bag in a hurry for whatever the reason and I am a warm sleeper. The half zipper seems ,to me, a bit restrictive at times but half zippers do save a small amount of weight.

workboot
08-17-2008, 15:30
Thanks. Yeah I should have checked the website , but was in a hurry that night. Looking for a bag for my son thats not horribly expensive. I`ve heard good things about the Campmor bags. Any opinions as to yea or nea ?

SteveJ
08-18-2008, 00:40
Thanks. Yeah I should have checked the website , but was in a hurry that night. Looking for a bag for my son thats not horribly expensive. I`ve heard good things about the Campmor bags. Any opinions as to yea or nea ?

I have a 40 deg campmor down bag that I bought for my son for a BWCA trip 6 years ago...he's not interested in backpacking anymore, and it's a great summer bag for my hammock. I just carry it - no pad - if I get cold, I zip up in the bag and am great!

Heater
08-18-2008, 04:09
I have a 40 deg campmor down bag that I bought for my son for a BWCA trip 6 years ago...he's not interested in backpacking anymore, and it's a great summer bag for my hammock. I just carry it - no pad - if I get cold, I zip up in the bag and am great!

To what temp? 40?

Midway Sam
08-18-2008, 07:39
I like my 20 degree Campmor. I've been comfortable down to 28 degrees in it and would think it would be allright at 20 degrees. I just wish it wasn't purple and teal.

buz
08-18-2008, 09:16
We have bought maybe 15 of the 20 degree bags for scouts in our troop over the years. They are very nice bags for the $ spent. Light and small, but IMO, slightly overrated on temps. I would put the 20 as a solid 30 bag, without any major layers on, or other in bag warmers. If you layer up, liner up, whatever, they can go lower, maybe to 20 if the wind isn't blowing. For the money, I think a very good buy. Purple and teal, well, must have been a good buy on the material, lol, because they are ugly.

Wilson
08-18-2008, 09:54
I like my 20 degree Campmor. I've been comfortable down to 28 degrees in it and would think it would be allright at 20 degrees. I just wish it wasn't purple and teal.

I'm in the market for one too.
Do they only offer purple and teal? I can't take that.

thestin
08-18-2008, 09:55
I've had my Campmor bag for 15 years. It has held up well and kept me warm on some very cold nights.

whitefoot
08-18-2008, 09:59
it was my only choice when i bought one a couple years ago. its not aggressively purple. you could probably get a way with an 'oh its faded blue' here and there.

rockrat
08-18-2008, 10:23
I've taken the 20 degree all the way down to 20 with just long johns on. It wasn't the best night's sleep i've ever gotten, but i did stay reasonably warm. The fact that its purple was also one of the selling points for me.

NICKTHEGREEK
08-18-2008, 11:06
We have bought maybe 15 of the 20 degree bags for scouts in our troop over the years. They are very nice bags for the $ spent. Light and small, but IMO, slightly overrated on temps. I would put the 20 as a solid 30 bag, without any major layers on, or other in bag warmers. If you layer up, liner up, whatever, they can go lower, maybe to 20 if the wind isn't blowing. For the money, I think a very good buy. Purple and teal, well, must have been a good buy on the material, lol, because they are ugly.

Unless you are a vampire you sleep at night when it is dark who's gonna see it? There are no fashion rangers out there. I'd rather have warm and ugly than cute and cold

Mr HaHa
08-18-2008, 11:50
full zipper length or half length ? Just wondering. Full length zipper. Warm down to the upper twenties for me. Roomy enough to wear extra clothes in if desired. Two pounds two onces. $110.00 on sale. One of the really good gear buys out there!

SteveJ
08-18-2008, 11:58
To what temp? 40?

Not really sure, but definitely not in a hammock without pad/underquilt. Have probably been in the mid-50's with just the bag...took just it on the AT last August. Called my buddy meeting us on the third day to bring a pad for me - spent a chilly night on top of Cowrock in wind and rain (and then didn't use the pad the rest of the week after he brought it!).....

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=17783&catid=member&imageuser=6309

Lilred
08-20-2008, 18:26
I have the 20* down. Love the purple and teal!! It failed me only once, but that was single digits on top of Springer. I have no complaints about this bag. Well worth the money.

CarolinaJP
08-20-2008, 23:59
I love my 0 campmor bag. Would have no problem saying that for the money and quality it's probably one of the best deals I've ever gotten.

CarolinaJP
08-21-2008, 00:01
Alot of times too companies use what's called product differentiation as to the weird colors. Sometimes you see the lower end gear with funny colors and it's intentional so that it stands out and gets recognized even though it's for not being very preety.