PDA

View Full Version : new guy question

vibedog
08-17-2008, 17:28
i am new to this forum. i see that donations are required to post. what is a typical donation ($) for the right to be able to post and read threads?

Bearpaw
08-17-2008, 17:32
i am new to this forum. i see that donations are required to post. what is a typical donation ($) for the right to be able to post and read threads?

There's no donation required to read or post in the great majority of forums. There are maybe half a dozen areas for donating members only, but none of those are specific to the Appalachian Trail. So no donation in required.

But for a $10 donation, you can access the few donating forums, PLUS you can edit your posts, post a custom avatar, and a couple of other priviledges that I can't recall. I believe it's still a $10 donation at any rate.

CrumbSnatcher
08-17-2008, 17:37

Unless things have changed in the last few months, you don't have to be a donating, just a registered member to post comments or start new threads.
It is cool to be a donating member though,extra benefits and it give back to whiteblaze

budforester
08-17-2008, 17:38

Yeah, what Bearpaw said. Here's a recent post (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=546998&postcount=1) on the subject.