PDA

View Full Version : My First Time

CaptainScarlet
08-18-2008, 11:19
Well I finally lost my "trailginity" yesterday.

Went up to High Point State Park in NJ, hiked the AT from the observation tower just south of the monument to the High Point shelter.

I think I set a record for shortest section hike. :rolleyes:

buff_jeff
08-18-2008, 11:45
Are you hooked yet? :D

It gets everybody eventually.

Phreak
08-18-2008, 13:50
A short hike beats no hike at all! :)

max patch
08-18-2008, 14:07
You'll always remember your first time. :)

jhick
08-18-2008, 14:43
Welcome to WhiteBlaze, that's a great area!

rafe
08-18-2008, 14:45
Well I finally lost my "trailginity" yesterday.

Went up to High Point State Park in NJ, hiked the AT from the observation tower just south of the monument to the High Point shelter.

It's too easy to set "short" records. I walked about 10 feet in from the trailhead parking lot at Kent Pond on Rte. 100 in Vermont on Friday. There was a huge patch of mud on the trail, impossible to get around, and I was wearing sandals. End of "hike." :D

max patch
08-18-2008, 15:15
When the kids were still in elementary school, one day we drove up to Springer for a day hike. Just before we reached the parking area on USFS 42 it started pouring. Half an hour later it was still pouring with no end in sight. We never got out of the car.

Hammock Hanger
08-18-2008, 19:11
When the kids were still in elementary school, one day we drove up to Springer for a day hike. Just before we reached the parking area on USFS 42 it started pouring. Half an hour later it was still pouring with no end in sight. We never got out of the car.

Sorry, it doesn't count if you don't get out of the car... You should have opened the door and put your feet on the ground.;)

Hammock Hanger
08-18-2008, 19:11
It's too easy to set "short" records. I walked about 10 feet in from the trailhead parking lot at Kent Pond on Rte. 100 in Vermont on Friday. There was a huge patch of mud on the trail, impossible to get around, and I was wearing sandals. End of "hike." :D

Say it ain't so!! :eek: