PDA

View Full Version : A ride around town

Ron Haven
08-18-2008, 21:40
As all who knows that when you come in to Franklin during March & April we ride around town on the bus.As we sit and wait at places such as the post office,I tell stories to turn bordum into laughs.

I was flipping around the net and found this one on youtube.Thought I would share it with whiteblazers to bring back memories:D.Click on this link

http://www.appalachiantrailservices.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=149

and then click on the youtube link.

Gray Blazer
08-18-2008, 22:12
That's cool. Of all the people I've met on the trail, few have heard of WB (I tell them all about it), but, most have heard of Ron Haven.

Ron Haven
08-18-2008, 22:19
That's cool. Of all the people I've met on the trail, few have heard of WB (I tell them all about it), but, most have heard of Ron Haven.:) I am glad for all the trail friends I have:)

take-a-knee
08-18-2008, 23:01
Now that is some funny stuff!

Skidsteer
08-18-2008, 23:09
Now that is some funny stuff!

That ain't the half of it. Ronnie's talented when it comes to the tales.

Roots
08-19-2008, 00:39
OMG, Ron! I was on the bus when this was recorded. What a great flashback. I miss the adventures of the trail SO bad, including your stories. Thanks for the flashback!!!!:sun

Ron Haven
08-19-2008, 13:28
I didn't know anyone was recording it.Thought it would be fun bringing it back up:D

le loupe
08-19-2008, 13:35
I don't know Ron, but clearly he's a good storyteller-

I'm not sure I can quite make out the punchline, for the drawl and the anticipatory laughter.

Gray Blazer
08-19-2008, 17:47
Ron, was that Wonder getting on the bus towards the end?

Ron Haven
08-19-2008, 17:53
I don't know Ron, but clearly he's a good storyteller-

I'm not sure I can quite make out the punchline, for the drawl and the anticipatory laughter.This was the story,My cousin Monroe brought a friend name Wayne home from school one weekend who had just moved here from Greenville,SC.The old lady next door didn't have indoor plumbing and she would walk outside below this wood shed,pull the front of her dress forward,squat down and pee.

Wayne was about 10yrs old and had never saw anything like this and he was staring at the little old lady."I said Wayne,don't do that when you see a woman squat down,close your eyes or turn your head".He ask what is she doing and I told him she was peeing.He said he was sorry and promised not to do it again.

We took Wayne fishing,played football,and had a hamburger cookout on Saturday but Sunday our family required us to go to church.We took Wayne to Sunday school and they always give cookies and punch.Wayne was tickled pink and wanted to go back to church Sunday night.He thought it would be more cookies and punch but it was a holiness chuch.

Wayne sit there just as still and never took his eye off of that preacher.He whispered to me and ask"why is GOD yelling sooo loud"?I told him this is a preacher not GOD.It didn't help with what I told him.He was still scared nearly to death.:eek:

After the preacher was nearly ready to dismiss the sermon he ask was there anyone who wanted to come up front to the alter and pray.Here goes this 300lb fatt woman walking up thru the isle with these big wide high heel shoes on that wood floor.Sounded like someone beating on a piece of plywood with a ball pen hammer.

While she was neeled praying when the preacher yelled out for everyone to bow their heads in prayer and he would dismiss the service.Wayne nudged me with his elbow and said I know why the preacher wants everyone to bow their head and close their eyes.I said why.

Wayne said" I believe that big fat woman squated down up front praying is about to pee in the floor".:o

Ron Haven
08-19-2008, 18:00
Ron, was that Wonder getting on the bus towards the end?I can't remember but I have told her that one already.

Big Oz
08-19-2008, 23:53
man he can tell some tales.I like the one when they brought the teacher the apples to school:banana