PDA

View Full Version : 14th Annual Brown Gap Hiker`s Feast `04

RAT
03-07-2004, 01:37
Better known as "Rat Fest" or "Rat Daze" , will be held on April 23 thru 25. Donation$ now being accepted. For info, contact RAT at :
[email protected]
Also coming soon, the return of "Hobocentral.com" . Donations also being accepted for that as well.

I can't imagine a "Billville" anything without a "Blister Sister". Where was that wonderful piece of trash during that event?

Looking fwd to seeing everyone at Trail Daze. Our band (Tommy Lyons Band) will be playing at the Old Mill on the Thursday May 13th from 9 til 12:30 so come early and stay late.

HAIRNT ! MORE IN `04 !!
RAT

9 Mules
03-07-2004, 08:43
I stumbled across it a few years back and it was like a convention for all the trail magic angels. What a surprise. Nothing like the smell of steak and eggs in the morning to make you want to run down the trail and see what da hells goin on.
How far North from Davenport Gap in the Smokies are you set up? 12+ miles?

RAT
03-07-2004, 19:58
I stumbled across it a few years back and it was like a convention for all the trail magic angels. What a surprise. Nothing like the smell of steak and eggs in the morning to make you want to run down the trail and see what da hells goin on.
How far North from Davenport Gap in the Smokies are you set up? 12+ miles?
Good description,,,,,HAIRNT ! And yes, is around 3 miles (North) UP from Groundhog Creek Shelter and is about same distance (South) from Max Patch down to the Gap. It definitely is the Largest Trail Magic in one place. But it cost ALOT to do it, and is dependent completely upon private donations, aside from a donation from the Carolina Mountain Club. The hikers really appreciate it, so $end $upport now !! Thanks,, RAT

chomp
03-07-2004, 21:26
Hobocentral is coming back? Boo-ya! That is indeed great news. I look forward to the return of my favorite spot on the web for hiker trash news.

As for Blister, she unfortunately got called to duty at the last minute. It was too bad, but Jack and I did get to see her before hitting the road. Hows the car doing, Blister?