PDA

View Full Version : NoBo March 20th 2010..looking for partner.

SurlyTemple
08-19-2008, 16:20
I am planning my thru hike for 2010. I had friends who originally said they were wanting to thru hike though now it is looking as though I will be the only one able to commit the time to the whole trail. Therefor here I am looking for others who are interested. I would like to do a little camping here in PA before then. If anyone is interested in Hiking with me please let me know. - Surly.

p.s. I am really not that surly lol.:sun

mtnkngxt
08-24-2008, 21:46
I can't start In March, but could join on at Trail Days in May and go all the way to Katahdin.

Mud
08-25-2008, 08:17
I'm actually starting to think about going SoBo, as it would give me an extra three months to save up before hand.

Lone Wolf
08-25-2008, 08:21
I'm actually starting to think about going SoBo, as it would give me an extra three months to save up before hand.

it's a better hike and you'll spend much less money in the first month than NOBOs do

Hooch
08-25-2008, 08:30
I am planning my thru hike for 2010. I had friends who originally said they were wanting to thru hike though now it is looking as though I will be the only one able to commit the time to the whole trail. Therefor here I am looking for others who are interested. I would like to do a little camping here in PA before then. If anyone is interested in Hiking with me please let me know. - Surly.

p.s. I am really not that surly lol.:sunYou'll have plenty of others to hike with if you start in March. That's the time most folks start the trail, so there will be plenty of folks around.

SurlyTemple
08-26-2008, 13:35
Sounds great Mntkngxt.

Sharkey
08-26-2008, 14:04
it's a better hike and you'll spend much less money in the first month than NOBOs do

Lone Wolf,
Why do you spend less money in the first month than NOBO's? Any months where a SOBO is more expensive?

mtnkngxt
08-26-2008, 19:33
Probably because your in the middle of nowhere Maine, and not running into trail towns every 40 miles. Its easier to not spend money when your cashier is a moose.

deadair
08-27-2008, 14:39
ill be out there in march sometime, started in 07 and went as far as woody gap before i had to leave the trail because of a death in the family. So ill be starting from woody gap which I think is about 20 miles north of springer.