PDA

View Full Version : Owners of Wanderlust Nomad tent

djessop
08-23-2008, 18:20
Hello.

I thru-hiked the AT and FT with this tent in 2005 and was generally satisfied. Since then, I have lost the poles that come with them, both to support the fly to the ground and the internal width extension poles. I tried using a stick in my backyard to support the fly, as I have heard some people do to save weight, but I was not impressed with how it set up.

I don't care about the internal width extension ones but I would like to get two more of these so I can set up the tent properly to connect it to the ground. I remember there was an engraving of a company name on the poles.

Would someone please tell me what company makes these and any ideas for replacing them? Thanks...

TW Bull

Heater
08-23-2008, 19:25
Hello.

I thru-hiked the AT and FT with this tent in 2005 and was generally satisfied. Since then, I have lost the poles that come with them, both to support the fly to the ground and the internal width extension poles. I tried using a stick in my backyard to support the fly, as I have heard some people do to save weight, but I was not impressed with how it set up.

I don't care about the internal width extension ones but I would like to get two more of these so I can set up the tent properly to connect it to the ground. I remember there was an engraving of a company name on the poles.

Would someone please tell me what company makes these and any ideas for replacing them? Thanks...

TW Bull

Hey there Wandering Bull! Your was one of the first journals I read on TJ.
Not many good journals anymore.

Anyway, Probably Fibraplex.

Here (http://www.fibraplex.com/Default.htm)

jlb2012
08-23-2008, 19:25
there are a couple possible links in this thread (http://thebackpacker.com/trailtalk/thread/37489,-1.php) but I am unsure if they would know about the Nomad

djessop
08-23-2008, 19:38
Hey Austexs and Hog On Ice...

Thanks to both for the tips. I emailed the Fibraplex salespeople but by browsing their website, it looks like they have what I need.

Thanks Austexs for the kind words. In a month I take off on another grand adventure
I have not yet decided if I will be posting another journal/blog but your post certainly inspires me! It's nice to know people put energy into what I wrote, it made the journey all the more special.

T.W. Bull