PDA

View Full Version : ZenPig Ga-Me 10 year anniversary!

Zenpig
08-24-2008, 10:19
Friends,

It occurred to me this morning that 10 years ago today, right about now, I was standing on top of Mt. Katahdin in Maine having completed the Appalachian Trail all the way from Georgia. I would still say, that in my life that is my greatest mental, physical, and spiritual accomplishment, after three years of training, planning, working and saving, and section hiking. What a great dream of mine fulfilled in sobriety. I am so grateful that I had the courage and faith to pursue that dream. Thank you who were there being patient helpful and supportive in so many ways during that time in my life. And to those who I met and were so helpful along the way.There isn't a day that goes by when hiking the AT doesn't come into my mind and heart in some way. I would only encourage anyone to do the same no matter how much it would temporarily disrupt your life. It's so worth it in the long run.

Best,

Harry Siegel (Zenpig GA-ME 96-98)
:sun

boarstone
08-24-2008, 14:01
Glad you got to fulfill your dream and share a rememberance after all these years, I too hope to "try it"....though it's not a dream for me it is something I've been thinking about, a lot for the same reasons as you....oh-hum...someday...:-?

Jack Tarlin
08-24-2008, 17:26
Congratulations on your anniversary! '98 was a great Trail year.

Hope to see you back out there sometime.

Zenpig
08-24-2008, 23:59
Thanks Jack! It was a great year, at least from Kent, Conn. to Mt Katahdin for me! I met some wonderful people out there. Had lot's of laughs too! Best, Zenpig.