PDA

View Full Version : Message to Mrs Gorp aka Minerva

cutman11
08-24-2008, 16:32
Mrs Gorp, I tried to send a PM to you, but it is blocked. I wanted to let you know I am hiking thru VT and should be crossing your road late in the day on 8/26. I know you have been hiking, so may not get the message. If you recall, I was the sectioner who took you and ?Stumpknocker to dinner in the Shenandoahs a couple years ago and you told me to let you know when I came thru your area. If you get the message before 8/26, great. If not, maybe another time. I will be returning after finishing in Hanover to do the NH section next year.

Hikerhead
08-24-2008, 17:38
You might want to leave a message for her in Stumpknockers journal.

Jan LiteShoe
08-24-2008, 17:41
Hi, If you follow Stumpknocker's journal, you'll see she's hiking SOBO on the Long Trail right now.

However, I passed your message along.

PS I'd say "bad timing," but obviously you're hiking and I'm not!
So, the timing looks pretty good from this seat.
;-)

Lone Wolf
08-24-2008, 18:45
Hi, If you follow Stumpknocker's journal, you'll see she's hiking SOBO on the Long Trail right now.

However, I passed your message along.

PS I'd say "bad timing," but obviously you're hiking and I'm not!
So, the timing looks pretty good from this seat.
;-)

me and gypsy were lucky last year while on the long trail. we were trying to hitch out of mrs. gorp's little town one early evening. i knew she was on a bike trip with stumpy so didn't bother looking her up. moments earlier i was on WB at the library and posted where i was. she just happened to be at home with stumpy and came lookin' for us. all of a sudden this car comes from the opposite direction and someone starts yelling "hiker trash!". it was stumpy standing up thru the sun roof. long story short we were wisked away to mr. and mrs. gorp's for the night. she and her husband have a beautiful home and treated us golden. be sure to look her up cutman. ask about the blue-blaze road walk to clarendon gorge :)

Blue Jay
08-25-2008, 10:43
long story short we were wisked away to mr. and mrs. gorp's for the night. she and her husband have a beautiful home and treated us golden.

Mrs. Gorp is the best, even if she does hang out with that Stumpknocker character. I think she's trying to reform him.:banana

Sly
08-25-2008, 11:28
Mrs Gorp! http://hikinghq.net/forum/images/smilies2/love.gif