PDA

View Full Version : My thruhike begins today!

hungryhowie
03-09-2004, 11:17
...exactly four years ago. wow. On one hand, it feels like I just got off of the trail, and on the other it feels like its been decades since I was there. One thing is for sure, though, I miss it.

Every year, starting in mid-February, my feet itch. I have urges to quit my job/school/obligations and live in the woods. I go for increased numbers (and distances) of walks, and sometimes it's all I can do to sleep inside...though I often yield to my instincts on this. I dredge up my journals and read through them, order fabric and make new gear, hang out in forums like this and hope to be part of that community again...I miss it.

The last words of my 2000 AT journal epitomize how I still feel "I know that I'll be back. I'll always come back." It's only a matter of time.

-Howie

P.S. If you're interested, you can read my journals online at http://www.newsushi.net/at_journals.html

Senor Quack
03-09-2004, 14:59
Neat, I'm reading the site right now..

Aren't you now thinking about doing the CDT or PCT??

Moon Monster
03-09-2004, 17:38
Mine began exactly one year ago today! I've been frought with Springer fever for the past couple of months.

Here's to all March 9, 2004 starters!!!

http://www.moon-monster.com (my journal)

hungryhowie
03-09-2004, 22:53
Neat, I'm reading the site right now..

Aren't you now thinking about doing the CDT or PCT??

I actually started the PCT in 2002, but it just wasn't a good Spring for me (emotionally). Ended up not doing the trail, but had a great Summer roadtripping through CA, OR, & WA. Lovely areas...even found my new favorite place in the whole wide world...Olympic.

I'm still also thinking about the CT, it'd be a good summer hike, but I want to knock out another long hike first (hehe...yeah, because 500 miles just ain't that long...hehe).

Moon Monster: nice to see another March 9ther here. Happy anniversary my friend. And congrats on your accomplishment.

-Howie