PDA

View Full Version : Help w Jersey Hike....

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 11:46
Hey guys, I'm doing a small hike this weekend in the Kittatinnies but need to help with directions/names of places. I can see on my map where I want to start out but theres no road names or names of trailheads on my map. The location of the parking lot is about a mile south Long Line Pond and 5 miles north of the Catfish Fire Tower. I'm geting dropped off there and need to have directions for them to get there. If anyone can offer any help that would be great. Thanks.

Dan

jhick
08-27-2008, 12:12
I'm hiking in that section this weekend too... maybe we'll cross paths. The road I think you're looking at is called Blue Mountain Lakes Rd.

just sent you a PM...

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 12:31
hey thats it! thanks alot man. NOW, by any chance do you know the city so I can put it in my GPS?

jhick
08-27-2008, 12:48
Try : Blairstown, NJ 07825

check your PMs.

Monkeywrench
08-27-2008, 13:19
I'm still waiting for the punch-line.

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 17:17
lol haha I was just going nuts looking for my thread... I didnt realize that I put it in the "humor" section

sorry for the dissapointment affreeman :)

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 17:42
hmmmmm... im still having difficulties finding this place on my GSP. According to my GSP and mapquest blue mountain lakes road does not exist, along with old mine road (which runs into blue mtn lakes road. anyone have any suggestions for me?

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 17:52
is there any chance that its just called Mountain Road? or flatbrookville stillwater road? I'm using google maps but it doesnt look the same as the hiking map that I have obviously (since my hiking map only shows like three roads total)

jhick
08-27-2008, 20:49
Try this site, it has pictures of trail sections and parking areas. Some info on parking areas and some GPS and map links.

http://rohland.homedns.org/at/state/state_detail/AT_state_detail.aspx?stateID=3%20&sectionID=27

88BlueGT
08-27-2008, 22:35
Hey I think I have it figured out. I searched the area on google maps and found it. My hiking map says that its blue mountain lakes road but google maps says that its that stillwater road. I think I should be OK.

jerseyhick, thanks alot for all your help with everything. maybe I'll see you out there :)

Have a good trip.

Dan

Toolshed
08-28-2008, 10:10
Flatbrookville, BML or Stillwater road are all the same.
Note that you CANNOT drive across the Kittatinny Ridge on this road. It approaches from both sides, however there is a big locked gate.
Your best approach to park here is to come from the West Side (River Road) by either the last or first exit in NJ (depending on where you are coming from) or Take Blairstown Millbrook Road over the ridge from Blairstown and turn right at the River Road intersection (at the Millbrook historical site) and go to the Flatbrookville Road intersection.

There is a General store on the corner of river and Flatbrookville/BML Road that you cannot miss.