PDA

View Full Version : BMT Backpack Trip Sept 13-14

Tipi Walter
08-27-2008, 17:59
http://www.bmta.org/ActivitiesCalendar.htm

For anyone interested, here's a link to an upcoming trip on the BMT in the Upper Bald River area and along the old State Line Trail. Punch in the link and scroll down to September 2008.

I won't be actually doing the whole shuttle thing but I do hope to link up with them somewhere around Sandy Gap or Rocky Top or on the Brookshire somewhere.

Tipi Walter
08-27-2008, 18:09
Hopefully this also catches the attention of MOWGLI, Generoll and Two Speed. And others.

generoll
08-27-2008, 23:06
Hey Walter, I have a whole lot more free time these days then I'd anticipated. Maybe we can post cars and save any backtracking. I'll let you go ahead and find the spider webs and the blackberries and I'll come toddling along behind. Just don't get too ambitious.

Two Speed
08-28-2008, 12:32
Hopefully this also catches the attention of MOWGLI, Generoll and Two Speed. And others.I'd love to, but I've already have been roped by a neighbor for a surprise birthday party for her husband that weekend.

MOWGLI
08-28-2008, 16:32
I'd love to, but I've already have been roped by a neighbor for a surprise birthday party for her husband that weekend.

A bondage party, eh? Sounds, um.... interesting. :eek:

trouthunter
08-29-2008, 16:34
I am interested in the November Backpack, work load willing. I have hiked the BMT twice, and make annual trips to fish the Hiawassee in winter when all the rafters have cleared out.

Tipi Walter, hows the fishing up around Tellico Falls, haven't been there in many years.

Tipi Walter
08-29-2008, 19:06
I am interested in the November Backpack, work load willing. I have hiked the BMT twice, and make annual trips to fish the Hiawassee in winter when all the rafters have cleared out.

Tipi Walter, hows the fishing up around Tellico Falls, haven't been there in many years.

You're asking the wrong person(don't fish), but since they stock the river up at Pheasant Fields, I imagine it's okay even though the water is the lowest I've seen it(before Fay came thru).

MOWGLI
08-29-2008, 19:11

There are 12 streams with Brookies in the Tellico Ranger District. And the Tellico has Rainbows & Browns, as does the North River. So yes, there is good fishing!