PDA

View Full Version : Few days in So Cal to hike

jzakhar
08-28-2008, 19:01
I have 3-4 days I can hike for coming up. I am pretty new to the area and have no idea what is really around me. I know the PCT begins in Campo but its also going to be pretty hot this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can hike for a few days, maybe 25-30 miles total.

Homer&Marje
08-28-2008, 19:12
Look up info on Kings Canyon, I don't know much about the area but I did a 70 miler out in California, Think we launched out of Fresno and drove a bit... but really cool sequoia parks and some good peaks, think we were up to 9k. Again, I don't know much about the area but have fun.

TwoForty
08-28-2008, 20:06
If you want to try the PCT, I liked the area around Mt. San Jacinto. You may even be able to make a loop out of it. It's gonna be backed this weekend though.

fiddlehead
08-28-2008, 20:20
If you like desert hiking, try Anza Borrega desert or Joshua Tree NP.
Both very very nice desert hiking.
Anza Borrega can be higher elevation so somewhat cooler.

jzakhar
09-01-2008, 16:09
ended up going from Lake Morena to Mt Laguna. It was a great hike, if a little short.. Lots of dried up water spots which concerned me. But overall a good walk. The sun is sooo oppressive my god! Felt like I was gonna be sick today after like 13 miles, thank god it was check out time.