PDA

View Full Version : Vasque Velocity GTX XCR

Cuffs
08-28-2008, 22:43
Any one one/use this brand and model of trail runner? Your thoughts on it please.

KG4FAM
08-28-2008, 22:49
I have the regular Velocity and have about 500 miles on them. The upper part is holding up very well but the tread is getting pretty low.

Lawn Sale
08-28-2008, 23:35
I also have the regular ones, and love them to death.

The tread does wear out quickly, but even with no pattern left on the bottom they still stick like glue to rocks, even wet ones.

They are comfortable, but the footbed also compacted to the point the cushioning was reduced significantly. It's not too much though as I still wear them around.

The only complaint I have is in the biddle of the tread, between the heel section and ball of the foot area. It's a hard plastic which is great protection against sharp rocks, but there is no grip there at all. It makes trail running downhill a lot more interesting when you can't aim the midsection of your foot onto a rock. I almost wiped out several times last year when running down the Hunt Trail on Katahdin to run up Owl.

Overall I love them though, if they'd get rid of the plastic section or cover it with sole, it'd be perfect.

Cuffs
08-28-2008, 23:37
I have the opportunity to buy them at half off, so I wanted to check on them before dropping the $$!

skinny minnie
08-29-2008, 08:19
Vasques run pretty small and narrow. Just my two cents. Definitely size up.

buz
08-29-2008, 09:44
I have the Vasque Breeze low model and really like them. But I would second Skinny. I have a narrow mens' foot, and normally wear a size 10 with room to spare. The vasques i have are a 10.5 size, and fit really well, both length and width wise.

Dogwood
08-29-2008, 16:51
Great support throughout and tough as nails. Found them to not be sweaty at all. Over 1000 trail miles on mine. I think Vasque makes a great shoe for my feet and style of hiking. I do insert after market Superfeet insoles in mine. Caution is needed here though. What I do and need DOES NOT aoutomatically insure that it will work for U. Try on lots of brands, sizes, styles of shoes before U buy. There R other articles on this site that will help inform U about buying hiking shoes.

Lawn Sale
08-29-2008, 19:41
I also Superfeet mine, I forgot to add that.

I have found the sizes run true, and my foot is a little wider and they still fit fine.

The rest of the show is unblemished after the mileage and despite the lack of tread on the sole.

At 1/2 off, I'd buy them, but try them out first.