PDA

View Full Version : Hot Lips Help

Sailor (The other one)
08-29-2008, 17:02
Somewhere I saw a website that sells a neoprene or silicone thingy you put on the edge of your metal cup to keep from burning your lips.

Damned if I can find it now, no matter what Google search terms I come up with.

Anybody have any idea where I can find this?

Thanks.

papa john
08-29-2008, 17:15
I think minibulldesign.com sells them. Just checked and he doesn't sell them, but he includes them with the Heinie pots. I got one with mine.

Many Walks
08-29-2008, 17:39
I could be wrong, but I thought one of the stove videos mentioned the use of a wristband like Lance Armstrong was selling for cancer. Believe they said Walmart had them. Somehow (maybe slit it) they fit it over the rim of a Heinie pot. Hope I'm not lying to you, but I'm thinking I saw it on U-tube.

oops56
08-29-2008, 17:40
I make mine out of them foot ball mouth guard. Cut in half put in hot water not boiling till soft put on cup mold to fit let cool. After that it will slip off and on as needed.

Hooch
08-29-2008, 18:34
I could be wrong, but I thought one of the stove videos mentioned the use of a wristband like Lance Armstrong was selling for cancer.......My Caldera Keg came with one of those. It's green with the TrailDesigns logo on it. Good idea if you ask me.

mtnkngxt
08-30-2008, 07:28
Yeah thats exactly what he is selling on minibull. You can get them most anywhere. Heat them up stretch around the pot, and then just let it cool down. Should make a nice snug fit.

mudhead
08-30-2008, 19:56
Search: "Lip guard."

Skidsteer had some pictures or directions on here somewhere.

Uncle Skids- you out getting dirty? Or you fixing monopines?

Skidsteer
08-30-2008, 20:35
Search: "Lip guard."

Skidsteer had some pictures or directions on here somewhere.

Uncle Skids- you out getting dirty? Or you fixing monopines?

I'm home taking care of my beloved following her second hip replacement in 15 months. And building some stoves to pass the time.

The blistered lips link is: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17406

The commercial versions hit the market soon after posting the thread. ;)