PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone Fitting Question

workboot
08-30-2008, 14:05
I have been looking at purchasing the Nimbus Ozone but I'm in a bit of a dilema about proper fitting. The regular size fits my torso length and the regualr size shoulder straps fits my chest size. Now the kink, the GG website lists the following as hip belt options.Hip Belt SizingSmall26"-30"Medium30"-34"Large34"-38"
I wear a size 32-34 waist size in pants/shorts but my actual measurement is right at 35 inches, also I just had left side inquinal hernia surgery a little over 7 weeks ago, so my abdominal muscle tone is not exactly where it should be as I am unable at the moment to do abdominal execises under the direction of my physician.

My question is can anyone who owns a NO with a regular size tell me if the extra inch is really going to be a problem in hip belt fitting? I plan on contacting GG but thought I would throw this out here for input as well.Also if it makes any difference I am 5' 9'' and weigh in , in the range of 165-170 at any given time.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

workboot

FamilyGuy
08-30-2008, 14:35
Hi,

I have a GG NO regular size with a large belt. I have a 34 inch waist but went for the large belt for some additional support if hauling heavier loads. I still have the medium belt and simply called GG and they sent out the large. Comparing the two and based on your described requirements, I would go for the large belt - it cinches only as far as the front of my hipbone. The regular was a little short.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions about the pack, fire away.:D

workboot
08-30-2008, 19:25
Thank you so much for the input. The large belt is kinda what I was leaning towards, just wanted a little input from actual owners.

Kerosene
08-31-2008, 09:48
Well, I'd probably go smaller. I'm 5' 9", 175 pounds, and wear 33" waist jeans. I wear a size Medium in just about everything, including the Nimbus Ozone. Your ab definition should improve with any sort of exercise, and I've found that after a week of strenuous backpacking my Medium hipbelt is almost too big. Wouldn't hurt to get both sizes, I suppose.

workboot
08-31-2008, 17:20
Thanks for your response as well I also appreciate it very much . I have e-mailed GG for their suggestion on the matter. I may very well just order the regular size and swap out later if it seems necesary.

workboot

bkrownd
09-02-2008, 16:45
My waist is usually a 31 and I found the medium belt to be too loose and roomy as tight as I could get it. I also load that baby up very heavy.

rpenczek
09-03-2008, 08:06
Good idea to contact GG, they are very very very (yes, 3 very) helpful. I purchased a Nimbus Meridian and wanted a larger than large hip belt (I am big) and they suggested a XL belt from their Light series. The extra cost $12.

Great customer service and when the abs get back to the 6 pack shape, you can replace with a medium.

bobbyw
09-12-2008, 22:52
I wear 33" pants too, and my GG bag is medium

workboot
09-15-2008, 13:43
Thanks everyone for the input. I changed my mind and went with a GG Vapor Trail instead and ordered the regular size hip belt and it fits just fine.