PDA

View Full Version : Do former SOBOs get "Katahdin fever"?

steve hiker
03-10-2004, 12:05
I keep hearing about how former NOBOs get "Springer fever" each spring and want to head to Georgia to do it again. What about former SOBOs, do they get their version of Springer fever -- "Katahdin fever" in the early summer, and want to head to Maine?

Grimace
03-10-2004, 13:49
I don't think Springer Fever is necessarily an urge to go specifically to Springer Mountain. It's more of a desire to live the life all over again. Of course, SOBOers who enjoyed their experience have the same pangs. I think about by SOBO thru almost daily. I definitely miss camping being burried in snow for the past several months, and I'm planning my next backpacking trip. Don't think I'll go out for 5 months at a time again though.

Smooth03
03-11-2004, 00:40
I agree with the above. As the spring gets warmer I keep feeling the urge to sleep under the stars and have that ungodly smell for 5 months. Yup, I get that Katadhin urge.

3oz
03-11-2004, 01:27
I wish I was able to hike the trail again this summer, but I will have to make do with several shorter hikes.

oyvay
03-11-2004, 19:59
IMHO they do, but it doesn't hit until May. "Springer fever" hits NOBOs in Jan or Feb.
:jump