PDA

View Full Version : Underpants are overrated!

BumpJumper
08-31-2008, 17:34
I hate underwear. They creep up my bottom and rub me the wrong way and before ya know it, I have an attitude. I went without for awhile now trying the butt floss thing. Any of yall hiked in thongs yet?:D

SurlyTemple
08-31-2008, 18:59
I found the worst experience of my life to be after I did a 10 mile run in a thong. I was chaffed and mean as a hornet after. I would suggest a nice mesh set of hiking "shorts" or just use the boy shorts undies they seem to stay in place and are more comfy imo.

ct1974rlw
08-31-2008, 19:26
Once and I will never EVER do it again-I was in a major FOUL mood after! I found the nylon (ones that are very snug but like wearing pantyhose) ones to be awesome! Much more comfy and never chaffed yet!

Trailbender
08-31-2008, 19:33
Sorry, I know this is the women's forum, but I felt I should respond on this. I wear women's underwear in the wicking nylon, and I find them much more comfortable than what is available to me in men's underwear, they also pack in a much smaller package.

Frau
08-31-2008, 19:47
I sometimes wear drawers and sometimes not. Just depends how I feel when I dress. Thongs and g-strings NEVER!, hiking or no.

Frau

fehchet
08-31-2008, 20:17
Ibex sells a comfortable merino thong and other underwear. Thongs are a body type thing, I believe. They are made for men and women. If you don't like them then you don't like them.

Trailbender
08-31-2008, 20:38
Ibex sells a comfortable merino thong and other underwear. Thongs are a body type thing, I believe. They are made for men and women. If you don't like them then you don't like them.

Yeah, I am 5'11, 145. Even as a male, I fit perfect in a size 5 in women's underwear. I even wore them in Iraq, and had a lot less crotch problems than other guys in my unit. Being the medic, I got to hear about it in exacting detail. Of course, I couldn't just tell them to wear panties.

Blissful
08-31-2008, 20:45
Ex Officio travel briefs all the way.

Trailbender
08-31-2008, 21:01
Ex Officio travel briefs all the way.

Yeah, I just got a few pairs of the bikinis, very comfortable. My regular cotton ones would be soaked after 4 miles or so.

MommaJ
09-02-2008, 08:16
I hate underwear. They creep up my bottom and rub me the wrong way and before ya know it, I have an attitude. I went without for awhile now trying the butt floss thing. Any of yall hiked in thongs yet?:D

Never worn anything but thongs and the dry fast as well.:D

kanga
09-02-2008, 09:35
down with unnerpants!!! can't stand 'em either. don't wear them unless it's "that time". i cannot imagine hiking in a thong. talk about torture.

Dancer
09-02-2008, 14:37
Get the soft, microfiber one that don't have elastic legs or seams. They are wonderful and comfortable. They feel like a second skin and dry quickly, so you can wash them out on the trail and put em back on in the morning. For us fluffy hikers... I get mine at Lane Bryant. They are a bit pricey but like I said, they are heaven to wear and last forever. I buy down a size so they have a snug but comfy fit.

Bearpaw88
09-02-2008, 16:46
Eeek! Like most of the other ladies said, Hiking in a thong SUCKS. No-Underware or panty hoes are a great solution for chaffing.

sarbar
09-02-2008, 18:06
I have found ones at Target that work well for a couple dollars a pair. They are about half way between a bikini and Granny Panties. Works for me.

BumpJumper
09-04-2008, 20:41
Well, I havent had a problem with the "floss" yet. I am entertaining the idea of hiking "naked" under a skirt. Anyone have any pro/cons on it?
Guys, try to limit your responses to this one:eek:

Jim Adams
09-04-2008, 20:52
Well, I havent had a problem with the "floss" yet. I am entertaining the idea of hiking "naked" under a skirt. Anyone have any pro/cons on it?
Guys, try to limit your responses to this one:eek:

I hike naked under my kilt, its the only way to go if you want no chafing.:-?

geek

Baby Blue
09-05-2008, 16:52
Running shorts with a built in mesh "panty" best, but I found a great alternative for when I want to wear other types of shorts or pants. Hanes makes a line called "Perfect Panties" I've only seen them at Target, but they are light and strechy like tights. I buy the boy shorts, and they don't ride up and dry super fast.

Sleeps_With_Skunks
09-08-2008, 02:40
I found these hanes boy shorts at Walmart in the women section. They are 95% cotton and 5% spandex. Really light weave and survived hiking in the smokies in 75 degree weather and high humidity. Didn't ride, didn't chafe, no heat rash, and no yeast infection from lack of air flow. They dried really fast too (especially after getting caught in a flash downpour that had my clothes dry before my boots)