PDA

View Full Version : Long-term parking in Erwin?

Lyle
08-31-2008, 22:59
Any suggestions of a relatively safe place to leave a vehicle in Erwin for a couple of weeks?

I'm planning to hike from Fontana to Erwin starting Oct. 25th. My plan is to leave the Jeep in Erwin on Oct. 24 and shuttle to Fontana then start hiking first thing on the 25th. I assume I'll be returning to Erwin on or before Nov. 10th to retrieve my Jeep.

Also, anyone else going to be doing this section? Wanna split the shuttle?

fehchet
09-01-2008, 07:34
Miss Janet may have a spot for your vehicle. I'll give her a call this afternoon. (Labor Day and all.) Also, Uncle Johnnies is a thought.

papa john
09-01-2008, 07:53
I left mine out behind the HIE, be sure to ask at the desk first.

Lyle
09-01-2008, 08:07
Thanks fehchet and papa john.

Yeah, I did notice in the Companion that HIE allowed section hikers to leave their vehicle, but I wasn't sure if they would still do that. Weren't they kinda upset with hikers this past season? Or has that blown over? Guess I'll just give 'em a call and find out. :)

Thanks again for your responses. Anyone interested in sharing a shuttle?

Tennessee Viking
09-02-2008, 00:21
Give a Nolichucky Campground and Uncle Johnnys a call. I am not sure if they have time limits on parking though.

papa john
09-02-2008, 07:26
Haven't been up that way for awhile, they were very nice when I was there. Don't know of a problem last year.

twilight
09-05-2008, 22:04
I would highly recommend Uncle Johnny's. He didn't charge for parking because I used him for a shuttle, too. However, I went N to S, Dennis Cove RD to Erwin and I can't remember the cost.

Twilight:sun