PDA

View Full Version : Hike Inn and the Len Foote Trail

flyfisher
03-10-2004, 18:13
When I did the blue blazed approach trail to Springer this winter, I found the Len Foote Trail seems to parallel the Approach Trail. I walked the mile from the approach trail across the connector to the Hike Inn and enjoyed a piece of cake and some coffee.

I have never heard of the Hike Inn in the several books I have read on the AT and have not seen it mentioned on this net.

Having seen the approach trail, I believe the next time I do go to Springer I will take the Len Foote trail. Neither is white blazed, distances look about the same, so does it matter?

Opinions?

Rain Man
03-10-2004, 19:05
I have never heard of the Hike Inn in the several books I have read on the AT and have not seen it mentioned on this net.

The Len Foote Hike Inn has been mentioned on WhiteBlaze several times. Also, there are photos of it on WhiteBlaze. I don't have links handy, but assume a Search will show you where, if others don't post them.

I agonized over doing the side trip to it when hiking the Approach Trail on February 29th, but wanted to get up Springer with my daughter and Azeri son, so chose not to spend the extra time.

Rain Man

flyfisher
03-10-2004, 19:25
t assume a Search will show you where, if others don't post them.

Search did show a couple entries, including one very recently.

I really felt welcome there for a snack on Dec 31.

Rick