PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

LTTrekker
09-01-2008, 11:49
Hello all,

I'm starting an LT trek on Friday the 5th to the 14th and I need a couple pieces of advice:

I'm under a pretty tight timeline as I'd like to go from route 9 to brandon gap within that timeframe.

Should I pack in all 10 days worth of food or resupply along the way? What are some good areas to resupply on that route and are they difficult to get to?

Thanks in advance!

MOWGLI
09-01-2008, 11:57
I would definitely resupply a couple of times. A lighter load will more than offset any time spent going off trail to resupply. Manchester Center would be a good place.

Check out the 2007 online ALDHA Companion for more options in the first 105 or so miles.

http://aldha.org/companyn/ma-vt07.pdf

LTTrekker
09-01-2008, 12:05
That makes a lot of sense. What's the best way to get to and from Manchester Center? Hitch-hike?

MOWGLI
09-01-2008, 12:30
What's the best way to get to and from Manchester Center? Hitch-hike?

I would say - yes. There is also an outfitter there in case you need fuel, or anything else, but at your pace, you'll be reaching Manchester Center late on day 2, or early on day 3. So I doubt you need an outfitter.

You gotta be in some mighty fine shape to be able to keep that pace! I hope you have a great hike.