PDA

View Full Version : Zero-Zero

Mango
09-01-2008, 14:27
Has anyone seen Z-Z recently? He was hiking with Bear Cub back in late spring, and I heard he was in the Shenandoah a month or so ago?

jzakhar
09-01-2008, 17:40
Talked to Big Dee a few days ago, she said he was up in the whites getting ready to enter maine.

KG4FAM
09-01-2008, 19:19
I guess Bundy is still with them as well?

Christus Cowboy
09-01-2008, 19:34
I ran into zero-zero and bearcub at the mountaineer falls shelter over Memorial Day and they were both doing well..... Its so good to hear they have gotten this far!

jzakhar
09-01-2008, 20:07
I guess Bundy is still with them as well?

Bundy and Dee are in Georgia together, they got off the trail just after trail days

jzakhar
09-01-2008, 20:08
I ran into zero-zero and bearcub at the mountaineer falls shelter over Memorial Day and they were both doing well..... Its so good to hear they have gotten this far!

I believe bear cub checked out too, many months ago

Christus Cowboy
09-01-2008, 20:15
I believe bear cub checked out too, many months ago

If BearCub off the trail?..... If that is the case, who is Zero-Zero hiking with? He's pretty much blind and relies on a partner to follow on the trail.... I'm sorry to hear about bearcub......

jzakhar
09-01-2008, 20:19
If BearCub off the trail?..... If that is the case, who is Zero-Zero hiking with? He's pretty much blind and relies on a partner to follow on the trail.... I'm sorry to hear about bearcub......

Well I led ZZ from Standing Bear to just after Hotsprings. He is amazingly easy to walk with. Just tab obstructions in the middle of the trail with your poles and he picks it right up.

From what I understand Noah (hatchet) led him for awhile after bear cub. After Noah split I believe he has had many different partners lead him. I couldnt tell ya who is doing it now. Maybe just one of those "dude, can I follow ya for a few days, give a shout if there is a tree across the trail" kind of things.

Christus Cowboy
09-01-2008, 21:26
Well I led ZZ from Standing Bear to just after Hotsprings. He is amazingly easy to walk with. Just tab obstructions in the middle of the trail with your poles and he picks it right up.

From what I understand Noah (hatchet) led him for awhile after bear cub. After Noah split I believe he has had many different partners lead him. I couldnt tell ya who is doing it now. Maybe just one of those "dude, can I follow ya for a few days, give a shout if there is a tree across the trail" kind of things.

Jzakhar.... I really appreciate the update on this.... I spent some time talking with him at the Mountaineer Falls Shelter and also at Moreland Gap.... He never told me his personal story but just gave me a grin and told me to buy his book... We both got a laugh and later on the trail Tigger told me his story which I found quite inspiring. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope all is well with him.

tiptoe
09-02-2008, 14:26
I met him about mid-August on Stratton Mountain (Vermont) and he was going strong. Interesting person, amazing story. I certainly wish him well as he wraps up his hike.

Jeff
09-02-2008, 14:31
I know Handyman spent a couple days helping him along in Vermont.

wakapak
09-02-2008, 16:11
i saw Z-Z at Chet's hostel in Lincoln NH just a few days ago...i left outta there on Sunday and he was still there. not sure who he was hiking with, there was a huge group there at the time.

TRIP08
09-04-2008, 16:33
I know this is not the most recent, but I saw him on top of Moosilauke(sp) Mountain. He was with two other guys. One of them was from Georgia; I forget their names though.

Jeff
09-27-2008, 09:16
Has Zero-zero summitted???