PDA

View Full Version : Skittles and Recess

Mags
09-02-2008, 17:59
Hi all,

I just dropped off Skittles and Recess at Brainard Lake (~ 50 minutes from Boulder) this morning. They plan on heading over Pawnee Pass on the Continental Divide and hooking up to the CDT by Monarch Lake. They plan on doing some kind of flip-flop thing (technical term, dontchyaknow).

They were supposed to be in town by Weds or Thurs. But plans changed (otherwise I'd put out a hiker trash APB!)

Recess had possible giardia and was recuperating in Steamboat. Long Story short, I picked them up, we drove back to Boulder via Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mtn NP and they stayed at my humble abode for a few days (Boulder, CO..a new trail town. :D) and did all the usual hiker chores. I think Boulder may have a few gear stores....

Recess is feeling much better and they are both having a good time.

It was so great to see a good friend from the CDT on his second CDT journey!

More info at:
http://trailjournals.com/skittles

Marta
09-02-2008, 18:11
Thanks for the update on the intrepid pair. I'm glad to hear Recess is feeling better.

jlb2012
09-02-2008, 20:30
I bet you wish you were still out there with them Marta

Mags
09-02-2008, 20:38

Tell you what...

When we woke up this morning, it was cloudy in the valley.

I drove up to the trail head above the clouds at 10k feet. It was sunny. The mountains were striking and beautiful and were framed by the bright, blue sky. The air was crisp in the way that it can only be crisp in the Fall.

Here I am at 6:30 PM MST. My friends are probably winding down their day along the divide and being in that gorgeous, crisp and wonderful Fall weather. I am working a swing shift for a few weeks in my cube.

I want to be out there, too!!!!!

:)

Marta
09-02-2008, 21:48

Only theoretically. I couldn't even keep up with them through Glacier NP. Forget about some of the stuff they've done since then.

I wish some theoretical younger Marta were out there, or that the real me were out there with a slower hiking partner or two.