PDA

View Full Version : Another Nashville Whiteblazer.......

TOW
09-03-2008, 05:25
Another Nashville Whiteblazer showed up here Damascus, Virginia yesterday by the name of Fishbones. He truly entertained us last night at the jam session that I have been holding every Tuesday night, and we had a crowd too.

Gosh, I am beginning to wonder if I have taken on another family from Nashville? I truly feel blessed that the Nashville Whiteblazin' crowd makes it a point to come to see me when they come to town.

HikerRanky
09-03-2008, 07:35
Hey TOW,

Don't know Fishbones yet myself, but am sure that a good time was had by all at the jam last night.... My question is, when you posted this, was the jam session just wrapping up?

See ya later!

Randy

TOW
09-03-2008, 08:27
Hey TOW,

Don't know Fishbones yet myself, but am sure that a good time was had by all at the jam last night.... My question is, when you posted this, was the jam session just wrapping up?

See ya later!

Randy
Yes it was. But the only thing is, Fishbones is still out there yodeling and my poor dog Sally is crying. My landlords have evicted me again. The police have written me a citation for the noise. I just got shot at.....

Fishbones just don't know when to stop.......

The things I go thru for you Nashville Whiteblazers, it's all good though.......:)

TOW
09-03-2008, 08:27
I know one thing, the timer is off on this thing when you post.....

Shadowmoss
09-03-2008, 13:35
Yep, once adopted by the Nashville group, you are a life member. :)

Fishbones is great at jamming, too.

mtnkngxt
09-03-2008, 14:10
Is this an open get together? I live in Wise, and would like to meet some fellow WB folks out here.

Lost My Mind
09-03-2008, 21:48
It's always a good time when you stop at TOW's place. I look forward to doing it again someday.

And there is always an open invitation when anyone comes thru Nashville. We look for opportunities to get together!

Gray Blazer
09-03-2008, 23:23
Nashville cats........

SurferNerd
09-03-2008, 23:39
Haha, and this is why I love living in Nashville. been here since Jan 06, and I ain't leaving til I'm in a casket.

peanuts
09-04-2008, 09:02
any plans for a weekend nashville dinner get-together again?????:)

karo
09-04-2008, 14:58
Yeah I think it's about time. I may get this one going. Let me check my calendar.

Rain Man
09-04-2008, 16:04
any plans for a weekend nashville dinner get-together again?????:)

I've arranged two or three over the past couple of years. I think Spring works well for me, so I'll probably wait till next Spring. But if Karo or anyone wants to arrange one this Fall, that's good by me.

Rain:sunMan

TOW
09-05-2008, 14:45
Is this an open get together? I live in Wise, and would like to meet some fellow WB folks out here.
Well Tuesday night was our last night for the winter I think. However there will be at least one more jam session but it will be by invite only..what kind of music do you play?

I will be doing this again next summer.....

TOW
09-05-2008, 14:49
My new hiking partner Mouse, my dog Sally and I just returned from Summit Cut and we saw Fishbones at Creek Junction yesterday. I knew it was him before he ever got to us because of that darn yodeling and Sally started yodeling right along with him.

FishBone
09-05-2008, 17:09
Good to hear you made it back to town, TOW. I didn't think you'd ever get off that bench from your nap!:D

I got "hikin' stupid":eek: and made it to Damascus by 9:00 PM (11:00 AM start from Summit Cut). Saw Mouse at the Saunders Shelter where I had supper. Great hike: saw bear, deer, and something with yellow eyes reflecting in my headlite after dark.:-?

Anyway, I appreciated your hosting the jam. I had a great time pickin' w/John (thanks for the loan of the mandolin), Tacoma Ted, and the rest of the crew. See you down the trail!

TOW
09-05-2008, 19:06
Yeah that bench feeled real good. I had just got done eating a big ole trout that I caught with me bare hands and some wild onions I had plucked from a creeper vine and wild yams that I stole from The Mouse out of his backpack (he still hasn't noticed they're gone) so I was just doing the finishing touches to a Cleft Pallet Bar when I saw you. Needless to say I wanted to nod out, and I did for a moment.

But then I woke up with The Mouse poking me in the head asking if I wanted to race? Well hell I never turn down a good race, so I just left his arse standing there before he caught on that I had a head start......

What I am still asking myself is how in the hell did The Mouse get to Saunders before I did? And he tells me that he even passed your lazy arse along the way. Is that true?