PDA

View Full Version : Gone hiking

chris
03-11-2004, 08:51
In two hours I'll be on the road for that magic place called the West for a week of hiking. First, a tough route in the Grand Canyon trying to explore upriver of the LIttle Colorado, through something called Marble Canyon (if you've read Powell, you might remember this). Should be fun, although it necessitates a ford (swim) of the Colorado at some point. Four days. Then, rumblings around Tucson in the Santa Catalina range. I'm trying to go up Mount Lemmon from the south on a trail that no longer appears to be maintained. Of course, like Mount Washington, I could just drive to the top, but what fun would that be? Then the real fun begins, as friends descend on Tucson for a wedding that will no doubt involve whiskey, guns, and the police, with perhaps some money changing hands to get people out of trouble in Mexico. Back in about 2 weeks. Play nice.

Jaybird
03-11-2004, 08:56
In two hours I'll be on the road for that magic place called the West for a week of hiking............................................ ...................

Back in about 2 weeks. Play nice.

Yo Chris:

Happy Hiking out West! :D

max patch
03-11-2004, 11:29
I'm trying to go up Mount Lemmon from the south on a trail that no longer appears to be maintained.

Didn't last years forest fires wipe out the trails around Mt. Lemmon? Not sure; just seem to remember reading that somewhere.