PDA

View Full Version : 100 mild wilderness

cool breeze
09-04-2008, 23:13
My family is hiking 100 mild wilderness 10-8 to 10-10 for 3 nights-Abol bridge to Polywog stream . In my lituature, it says that there is a road that can be parked on at Polywog-Wadleigh Mt. Rd.

Is this true? :eek:

any experience with Shuttles in this area?

modiyooch
09-04-2008, 23:24
My family is hiking 100 mild wilderness 10-8 to 10-10 for 3 nights-Abol bridge to Polywog stream . In my lituature, it says that there is a road that can be parked on at Polywog-Wadleigh Mt. Rd.

any experience with Shuttles in this area? We parked at Polywog Stream on Aug 5. You have to enter the North Maine Woods and go through 2 checkpoints at 20mph on logging roads. You can get info from the checkpoints or possibly www.northmainewoods.org (http://www.northmainewoods.org) You can probably find someone to shuttle you in Millinocket. Try the hostel.

Doughnut
09-05-2008, 16:33
or contact Kathy Preble, chair_back_mt@ yahoo.com, or Boarstone here on WB,
she shuttled me in July.

You may have to hire an interpreter though, she speaks strong Mainer
DoughNUt

sheepdog
09-05-2008, 16:37
He he he....sorry I just got this picture of a guy from Georgia trying to talk to someone from Maine. Subtitles would definately be a must. :D

Freeleo
09-05-2008, 16:38
i think boarstone does shuttles in the wilderness

cool breeze
09-05-2008, 23:27
thanks for the reply. will check out the web link.

boarstone
09-06-2008, 07:59

any experience with Shuttles in this area?

There is heavy logging in Jo-Mary right now. Use caution if driving in to leave a car. Stay hard right, especially on corners. You can park just before the bridge at Pollywog, on the right. Small cleared area. It'll be cool at night, have a warm sleeping bag. The road into Pollywog is VERY rock strewn, :eek:rocks are exposed in the road causing slow driving, careful manuvering. They are drive-over-able. In fact the whole road into Jo-Mary is rock strewn here and there. Just use caution, dust covers them. Expect it to take you 2 hrs. from the gate to Pollywog. If I can help just let me know.

boarstone
09-06-2008, 08:04
I'm in hopes of working on posting signs for cell phone reception in Jo-Mary/K.I. on the roads, stay tuned, I'm kinda busy right now.