PDA

View Full Version : My right shoe squeaks

gmu
03-11-2004, 16:16
kind of obscure, but the sole of my right boot (sundowner mx2) squeaks everytime i plant my heel.
besides the opinions of switching shoes completely and going with trailrunners, are there any possible solutions to my problem???
i just don't think i could bare listening to the repulsive nosie every second step.
thanks

flyfisher
03-11-2004, 17:32
kind of obscure, but the sole of my right boot (sundowner mx2) squeaks everytime i plant my heel.
besides the opinions of switching shoes completely and going with trailrunners, are there any possible solutions to my problem???
i just don't think i could bare listening to the repulsive nosie every second step.
thanks
Sure:
- ignore it
- keep walking - it will likely stop
- learn to sing in time to a squeek
- go deaf
- walk with your spouse, you will not hear the squeek
- ear plugs
- inject the shoe with WD-40
- Soak the shoe in water, wear it wet for a mile and then dry it
- wear wet socks for 3 miles
- walk in the rain for 2 miles
- hike Mt. Washington from the ravine
- replace the sole or heel

gravityman
03-11-2004, 18:15
Either return it to the place you bought it and see what they will do for you, or return it to Vasque. I returned a pair of vasques through my local outfitter (they charged me $5 shipping) for a wrinkled waterproof lining that was giving me terrible blisters. They credited the store, who in turn credited me.

Gravity man

Kerosene
03-11-2004, 18:37
What an ideal accompaniment for a budding ear worm!

Youngblood
03-12-2004, 10:04
I think you should return it if that is an option. My personal opinion is that the boot is defective and that you will never be happy with it.

Youngblood

Blue Jay
03-12-2004, 10:34
Try Neets Foot Oil. That always worked for me way back before leather became obsolete. It's used to soften leather so don't use very much, it will work.

Jaybird
03-12-2004, 10:40
kind of obscure, but the sole of my right boot (sundowner mx2) squeaks everytime i plant my heel............ are there any possible solutions.....?

gmu

take them back to your Vasque dealer where you bought them...they should fix you right up. ALL of the above.. good suggestions. I especially like the..."learn to sing in time with a squeek.." :p

DWW
03-29-2004, 23:55
I had occasional problems with my orthotics squeeking in some of my shoes and boots. It wasn't bad until I got some new dress shoes that squeeked loudly with every step and it drove me nuts. After about a month of this, I decided to try cutting the feet out of a pair of my wife's pantyhose and slipping the orthotics into those. The squeeking is now gone. Not sure if your problem is related, but I figured it may help someone out there...

U-BOLT
03-30-2004, 01:14
That's a real problem, man. Try this: Have an orthodontist put a squeak in the other shoe. That way they'll be in balance and won't distract you.