PDA

View Full Version : Any FTA "F Troop" members on here

BumpJumper
09-09-2008, 13:12
Just wondering if there are any other Florida Trail Maintainence members on here. We have lots of nice upcoming trips and I was just wanting to see who is going on the Juniper Trip.

JaxHiker
09-12-2008, 09:59
Just joined the FTA but looking forward to getting involved. I really want to get into one of the chainsaw classes but I guess I need to knock out first aid/cpr first.

BumpJumper
09-12-2008, 16:45
Looks that way. Deb emails me with updates on the classes. She is the one who gives the classes.
I just noticed they want CPR now. I am on the trail maintenance crew, Ftroop, as well. They have a neat trip coming up on the Juniper.
Lets hook up sometime and hike a bit.:D

JaxHiker
09-13-2008, 17:36
Sounds good. I'm doing Juniper later this month and Osceola in Oct. I'll check Footprint for the dates and see what's going on.

I should be able to pick up the first aid/CPR from the Red Cross for free so hopefully I'll be able to knock those out.

Stump46
09-14-2008, 21:08
Hi -
I did that F-Troop last year. It was lots of fun and lots of hard work. The canoe trip in was a bit challeging - lots of stuff in the spring to steer around and duck under. I may go this year, too.
Stump

BumpJumper
09-17-2008, 16:47
Jax,
Where can you get the Red Cross CPR for free?

Stump, they just did a clean up since the hurricanes so it will be cleared. I went just before the hurricanes and it was ok. Real easy in a kayak.

JaxHiker
09-18-2008, 09:12
I'm an Assistant Emergency Coordinator with our county's Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES). The RC is one of our served agencies and one of the things they provide as part of our relationship is first aid/CPR training. The only downside is I probably wouldn't be able to put a class together in time (they do a dedicated class as opposed to slipping us in with a regular class, though I might look into that.)

BumpJumper
09-18-2008, 15:25
I would love to participate in a FREE CPR class.

floridahikes
09-19-2008, 15:30
Hi, I've participated in a couple of F-Troops. Am planning to get back out and do one in the spring, probably in the Panhandle.

Cheers, Navigator

BumpJumper
09-20-2008, 06:03
:clap Hi Flahikes!
I just live south of you. I loved the north Florida trail. Up in Ft. Braden,when we did a weekend work, I hike the loop up there. Loved it. Reminded me of the AT foothills. Lets get together when it cools down.

floridahikes
09-20-2008, 22:57
Sounds good! I need some backpacking buddies this season as I do sections of the FT. Soonest will be Nov, much travel beforehand!

BumpJumper
09-23-2008, 17:34
Hey girl. This didnt come out too good but here is our pic from Sunday FTA hike.

Opps. Cant get it to post.:-?