PDA

View Full Version : Article on death/desert hiking.

Cuffs
09-09-2008, 16:14
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweektanner090808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Pedaling Fool
09-09-2008, 16:20
Saw that earlier, curious to see the official cause of Tanner's death. May of been the heat, but those MMA guys are some tough SOBs.

NICKTHEGREEK
09-09-2008, 16:32
Saw that earlier, curious to see the official cause of Tanner's death. May of been the heat, but those MMA guys are some tough SOBs.
Not nearly as tough as the desert in this case

fiddlehead
09-28-2008, 07:07
I don't know if i would call it desert hiking.
Sounds like it was more of a "find yourself/ meditiation/ let's see if we can get lost in the desert and survive trip.
1st lesson in the desert: find some shade for the mid-day sun. (or is it stay hydrated if you do go out in it?)

dessertrat
09-28-2008, 12:49
If he was motorcycle distance out in the desert (and he himself acknowledged that any equipment failure could kill him) and ran out of gas, then it would be no surprise whatsoever that he died of dehydration. It doesn't matter how "tough" you are, you need water, and in the desert in summertime, you won't go more than a day or two without it.

JAK
09-28-2008, 13:27
Deserts are something I would like to try some day. Scares the heck out of me, but I guess like anything there are lakes and then the are oceans. I would start with a lake.