PDA

View Full Version : Mason Hill in Chesire

grnmtngirl
09-10-2008, 01:37
Just curious to see if any hikers stayed at the Mason Hill Hostel this season?

I saw some flyers for it at Wilbur's Clearing and a few good comments. It doesn't seem like a lot of people would stop there b/c other towns are more a destination for resupply, etc. But seems like a great place for a real shower, pancakes, and all that good stuff.

CrumbSnatcher
01-27-2009, 12:52
anybody stay at the mason hill hostel in Cheshire Ma.?

Tonus
08-04-2009, 11:51
A bit late for the inquiry, but my wife and I did stay here on a recent Mass section hike. We loved it. When we called, the owner offered to pick us up but we decided to walk into town with some thru-hikers who were also staying there. We rented a cabin with queen size bed that overlooks a waterfall for $50. There is also a cabin with two beds, and several beds and bunks in a barn as well as tent space. It has laundry and two showers. Very clean and comfortable and the grounds are beautiful.

tenlots
02-07-2011, 02:19
just looking to see if this place is still available in Mass? Looking to walk from the wileys to north adams and hoping to stay in Cheshire. Thanks

Blue Jay
02-07-2011, 12:06
just looking to see if this place is still available in Mass? Looking to walk from the wileys to north adams and hoping to stay in Cheshire. Thanks

It was open last year and I believe it will be open this one.

tenlots
05-13-2011, 13:07
I looked on their web site and they are closed for the 2011 season. Now looking for alternate places to stay. Is the church available in september?

So Far
05-13-2011, 13:26
Stayed there last year in my thru-hiked. Liked it...it realy nice and clean inside with beds and great sheets. Not ur dumpy hostel. Good outdoor shelter!

Cosmo
05-13-2011, 18:45
They are closed this year, not enough business. The church is likely to be open (has been in the past): http://www.stmaryscheshire.com/

Cosmo