PDA

View Full Version : New Hostel

Bumpa
09-12-2008, 12:48
The "Happy Hiker Hollow" hostel is now open in the Atkins area for those of you who can't face the Relax Inn. Rambunny and Aqua have lots of trail time and are very welcoming hosts. Good food, good beds, good shuttles and above all else, good people. Stayed there for a couple of nights while section hiking in the area. I recommend you have a look. When you come off of the trail at the Shell station...give them a call and they'll come pick you up.. Bumpa

minnesotasmith
09-12-2008, 12:57
The "Happy Hiker Hollow" hostel is now open in the Atkins area for those of you who can't face the Relax Inn. Rambunny and Aqua have lots of trail time and are very welcoming hosts. Good food, good beds, good shuttles and above all else, good people. Stayed there for a couple of nights while section hiking in the area. I recommend you have a look. When you come off of the trail at the Shell station...give them a call and they'll come pick you up.. Bumpa

Directions? Address? Website? Direct phone #? Dates of year open? Prices? Policies?

MOWGLI
09-12-2008, 13:00
From ATC website;

Two private rooms (up to 4 hikers each) and outside tenting space available for southbounders this fall; barn will be converted into bunkhouse for 2009 season. Call for rates - (276) 783-3754. Dogs ok, but must stay outside. Amenities include shower, meals, internet, free long distance phone, laundry, shuttles/slackpacking, and long term parking. Maildrops accepted - send to 484 Phillipi Hollow Road, Atkins, VA 24311. Local A.T. maintainers stay for free. Hostel operated by Carol "Rambunny" Barnes. (Updated 09/04/08)

Sly
09-12-2008, 14:24
Directions? Address? ?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?cat=&address=484+Phillipi+Hollow+Road&city=adkins&state=va&zip=

gravityman
09-12-2008, 15:34
Rambunny will know how what hikers need and want, and take carry of everyone. Of that I am sure!

MOWGLI
09-12-2008, 15:46
I spoke to Rambunny earlier. My wife and I are staying there next week on my way to Cape Cod.