PDA

View Full Version : Future return of Speed Goat

modiyooch
09-14-2008, 01:00
I'm not sure how to do this, but I was wondering on what the consensus was that Karl would return to the AT at a later date for another attempt at the speed record.

He's hung in there. I believe he will finish. Will completing the trail satisfy his quest, or will he come back for another attempt?

Lone Wolf
09-14-2008, 03:20
he'll be back for sure

fiddlehead
09-14-2008, 12:44
The real question for whiteblaze'ers is: Will Warren be allowed to talk about it?

Dances with Mice
09-14-2008, 13:39
The real question for whiteblaze'ers is: Double You Tee Eff cares what Warren says?

max patch
09-14-2008, 14:27
KM is fortunate enough to make his living as an ultrarunner.

I think any decision to devote a month and a half to a single race -- with no paycheck at the end -- depends if it makes financial sense to do so. Which it very well may based upon increased recognition/sponsorships etc which at AT record may provide.

So I have no idea if he will try again.

Homer&Marje
09-14-2008, 16:19
KM is fortunate enough to make his living as an ultrarunner.

I think any decision to devote a month and a half to a single race -- with no paycheck at the end -- depends if it makes financial sense to do so. Which it very well may based upon increased recognition/sponsorships etc which at AT record may provide.

So I have no idea if he will try again.

Doesn't being fully sponsored kind of help that situation. And as an ultra marathoner professional doesn't setting the AT speed record get you a lot of recognition and press, oh yes... it does... these threads are living proof of that.

From everything I read in the 90 something page thread, I believe he will come back next year or the year after for the record. With the wealth of knowledge gained this attempt I think he is already planning it... but we will see. I don't think finances are a concern, but I obviously have no proof of that.. GO KARL!

Blissful
09-14-2008, 22:16
He'll try again for sure.

Tin Man
09-14-2008, 22:38
This is what Karl lives for, he will be back, smarter and even more determined.

LIhikers
09-15-2008, 13:40
I believe he'll be back to give it another try.

jersey joe
09-15-2008, 19:47
I think he'll be back. Once he's done and starts looking over the numbers, it will start eating away at him to try again.

fiddlehead
09-15-2008, 22:25
And the header will be much more humble.
For sure!