PDA

View Full Version : Darn Good Chili!

Tin Man
09-14-2008, 23:05
Bear Creek Darn Good Chili Mix

I cooked this up for my recent section hike and liked it so much I made a double batch for the adults on our scout trip this weekend. This time I cooked a pound of ground beef with onions in advance, then added it to the mix, along with tomato paste, can of corn, and a can of kidney beans. Darn Good Chili!

Do you have a favorite chili mix or recipe you would care to share?

ChinMusic
09-14-2008, 23:06
Spicy chilli and the trail are not a good combination from my experience.........:eek:

Tin Man
09-14-2008, 23:09
Why not? Carbs, protein, fiber. Good stuff for that extra boost.

ChinMusic
09-14-2008, 23:12
Why not? Carbs are good.

I used to take a frozen pint from this famous place in my home town for the first night. It would be just about thawed out for supper and just needed to be warmed up.

LOVED the chili, but when backpacking I tend to run out of "mountain money".

Tin Man
09-14-2008, 23:18
I used to take a frozen pint from this famous place in my home town for the first night. It would be just about thawed out for supper and just needed to be warmed up.

LOVED the chili, but when backpacking I tend to run out of "mountain money".

I fed 8 adults for $20.

camojack
09-15-2008, 03:39
I fed 8 adults for $20.
I'm guessing you didn't grok the "mountain money" reference... :D

Lone Wolf
09-15-2008, 05:55
te hottest packaged chili i've ever eaten. http://www.hotsauceworld.com/asskicchilfi.html

Tin Man
09-15-2008, 06:57
I'm guessing you didn't grok the "mountain money" reference... :D

Silly me, I should have known better. What's the big deal? Isn't that why god make trees with big leaves? :D

camojack
09-15-2008, 07:21
te hottest packaged chili i've ever eaten. http://www.hotsauceworld.com/asskicchilfi.html
That chili that you brought to the PA Ruck was great! :)

Silly me, I should have known better. What's the big deal? Isn't that why god make trees with big leaves? :D
Hmmm...could be. ;)

Nicksaari
09-15-2008, 11:50
sierra nevada chili over cornbread. yes yes yes. fart fart fart

sasquatch2014
09-15-2008, 12:10
Chugwater Chili is awesome. i need to get more of the mix ordered. When We lived out in Wyoming I would always stop in town, Chugwater, to get some from the Sinclair station. They always had a big pot of it. It was best to get it when you were heading south on I-25 because the road was so straight you could drive with your knees for the next 20 miles or so while you ate your chili.