PDA

View Full Version : Devil Fork Gap to Hot Springs Water Report

Short Term
09-15-2008, 14:01
We just got off this section Sunday. Water is very scarce. Flint Mountain Shelter was flowing freely - fill up big there. Jerry Cabin Shelter is dry and was the temporary home of a hunting dog. About 1.5 miles south there are blue markings on trees indicating a spring to the right. The spring is not flowing, looks like a small puddle. Little Laurel Shelter is dry. Go another 3.3 miles to Log Cabin Drive. There is a store 1/2 mile east at the end of Log Cabin Drive where you can buy drinks, food and they will let you refill with water. They shuttled us back to the trailhead for free! Great guys- I think it is called Hemlock Hollow Store, they have cabins, etc. If you are dry that is your last option before your climb out of Allen Gap. All water sources before and after Spring Mountain Shelter are dry or are just small,stagnant, shallow puddles. The spring at Spring Mt Shelter is running very slow but if you are patient you can fill your bottles. I imagine if they don't get a lot of rain soon this spring will be dry also. :(

wilconow
09-15-2008, 14:09
here is a photo of the Hemlock Hollow hostel

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=17047&catid=member&imageuser=1424