PDA

View Full Version : PayPal account for WhiteBlaze

cabalot
03-14-2004, 00:30
a paypal account for whiteblaze to accept payments for t-shirts and other products like patches or for accepting donations would make it easy to pay quickly with a credit card or a checking account. it costs nothing to set up a paypal account. the only fee is 2.9% of the total + $0.30.
A charge of $20 for a t-shirt would net $19.12 after 2.9%=.58+.30=$0.88
After a buyer makes a payment the seller logs on and transfers the money to his bank account. there is a comment section where the buyer can list what he wants to buy and what size. a shipping address is also provided. online transaction records are kept for easy book keeping.
as a seller on ebay this is my main source of accepting payment.

all you need to open an account is an email address and a bank account.

www.paypal.com

azchipka
03-14-2004, 01:00
i second this having a paypal account for whiteblaze would be great. If one was present i would have already purchased a shirt and patch.

illininagel
03-14-2004, 02:08
To cut back on costs, the seller can maintain a personal PayPal account and not accept credit cards. Provided that the buyer places money in his/her PayPal account (which can easily be transferred in from a checking account), the transaction is free. This is how I paid for my White Blaze patch. It's simple, easy and best of all---FREE!

:clap

attroll
03-14-2004, 02:20
To cut back on costs, the seller can maintain a personal PayPal account and not accept credit cards. Provided that the buyer places money in his/her PayPal account (which can easily be transferred in from a checking account), the transaction is free. This is how I paid for my White Blaze patch. It's simple, easy and best of all---FREE!

I have this type of account right now through paypal. But I am not set up for credit cards. So if people are willing to transfer money instead of using credit cards then they can do this. But I am not set up for credit cards at this time. I am looking into this. I may do it once the first lot of T-shirts come in. The reason I did not do it for the patches is because I would have lost money buy having to pay the 2.9%. I am not in this to make money. I just want to offer a sevice to users and put some extra towards the server cost of the site.

cabalot
03-14-2004, 02:23

true but it takes 4 business days to transfer money from a buyers checking account to a sellers paypal account, then 4 more business days to transfer money from the sellers paypal account to the sellers bank account. :datz

azchipka
03-14-2004, 05:13
Although if your like me and keep money in your paypal account no need for the wait.

illininagel
03-14-2004, 10:58
true but it takes 4 business days to transfer money from a buyers checking account to a sellers paypal account, then 4 more business days to transfer money from the sellers paypal account to the sellers bank account. :datz

Yes. But, many people (like me) maintain a working balance in my PayPal account. So, if you are looking at buying a T-shirt or patch, just be sure that you have a small amount of funds loaded in PayPal. After all, it takes four days to send a check!

Also, as a seller, I am set up for credit cards. It still takes 4 days for me to pull money from my PayPal account into my bank account. So, there's no difference from that perspective.