PDA

View Full Version : emergency thruhike?

mweinstone
09-16-2008, 06:35
thruhikeing the appalachian trail to stay alive. people who feel it is the one thing that can restore their health for whatever reason. two questions for ya:
DOES THRUHIKEING THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL PROMOTE HEALING OF THE BODY?
IS ADMINISTERING AN EMERGENCY THRUHIKE A PROPER COURSE OF ACTION FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF HEALING ILLNESS?

TOW
09-16-2008, 06:42
Well I certainly think it would do my body good if I were to go back to lving on the trail instead of what I have been doing and I already have the ticket to making a living while I hike but I will have to wait until I have trimmed down a bit, I will just prostitute myself........

mweinstone
09-16-2008, 06:51
Larry!larry!larry! Yeah! Larry!larry!larry! Yeah! Hike!hike!hike!hike!

Gray Blazer
09-16-2008, 07:23
I see it's helped you to find the shift key.

camojack
09-16-2008, 07:57
thruhikeing the appalachian trail to stay alive. people who feel it is the one thing that can restore their health for whatever reason. two questions for ya:
IS ADMINISTERING AN EMERGENCY THRUHIKE A PROPER COURSE OF ACTION FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF HEALING ILLNESS?
What have you done with Matthewski?! :rolleyes:

Homer&Marje
09-16-2008, 08:05
There is lots of emergency things you can do to save your life, hiking is one of them. But there is many other things to consider.

Emergency "toilet"

Emergency "snickers"

Emergency "fire"

Emergency "Camp site"

Emergency "Beer"

Emergency "Entire bottle of whiskey"

So remember, there is other options, but doctor recommended is the thru hike I am pretty sure.

(The Surgeon General says that pregnant women should not partake in long distance thru hikes. Long distance thru hikes can cause severe and permanent loss of jobs. Thru hikes have also been attributed to losing lack of motivation to return to ones meager existence. Thru hiking can cause a false sense of "realization" that one could simply live on the trail making a living by any means necessary. It is unwise to start a thru hike with only enough money to finish and not prepare for the afformentioned consequences.):D

Blissful
09-16-2008, 11:53
That's why I'm taking my hubby out in 2011. And me too. :)

There'a nothing like it for mind, body and soul.

TOW
09-16-2008, 12:06
(The Surgeon General says that pregnant women should not partake in long distance thru hikes. Long distance thru hikes can cause severe and permanent loss of jobs. Thru hikes have also been attributed to losing lack of motivation to return to ones meager existence. Thru hiking can cause a false sense of "realization" that one could simply live on the trail making a living by any means necessary. It is unwise to start a thru hike with only enough money to finish and not prepare for the afformentioned consequences.):D
Prostituting works you know..........

angewrite
09-16-2008, 12:48

Thru-hiking the AT does NOT promote healing of the mind or body BUT an emergency trip to Philly can ;)

Arrival time 11:59
Interview 1pm- 1315 Walnut
Departure time 5:45

Can we make this work???

Dirty Harry
09-16-2008, 18:23
You cant debate the rewards of long distance hiking.

Jason of the Woods
09-16-2008, 18:57
This is the best thread Matty has ever posted! It has, does, and will continue to help me in too many ways to list!

camojack
09-16-2008, 19:17
Thru-hiking the AT does NOT promote healing of the mind or body BUT an emergency trip to Philly can ;)

Arrival time 11:59
Interview 1pm- 1315 Walnut
Departure time 5:45

Can we make this work???
It might help to mention what day you're referring to... :-?

angewrite
09-16-2008, 20:19
It might help to mention what day you're referring to... :-?

Matty knows :)

rafe
09-16-2008, 20:58
This is the best thread Matty has ever posted! It has, does, and will continue to help me in too many ways to list!

Was it TOW's suggestion about "prostituting"? :-?

camojack
09-17-2008, 00:25
Matty knows :)
OK... :o