PDA

View Full Version : Catawba to Daleville- water?

NC Blaster
09-16-2008, 21:03
I am going from VA 311 to VA 220 this weekend and was wondering if anybody knew the water situation in this section, especially Lambert's Meadow. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

NC Blaster
09-19-2008, 20:36
OK, I'll respond to my own thread. I hiked that section today (9/19). Water at Catawba Mountain was trickling steadily. It was the same as I saw it in June. I did not check out Cambell (sp?) shelter's water because a couple of guys going SOBO told me they saw a large male bear there less than a half hour earlier. It's not that I wouldn't mind seeing a bear, I'm just not going to go out of my way to see one. Know what I mean? Well I didn't see the bear anyway. Lambert's meadow was just a trickle but was flowing as was the campsite water.

19.8 miles is a hell of a day hike, especially for me. Now it is time for beer then bed.

f8lranger4x4
09-22-2008, 23:42
ya i was their a couple weeks ago and lambers was dry

juma
09-23-2008, 20:41
OK, I'll respond to my own thread. I hiked that section today (9/19). Water at Catawba Mountain was trickling steadily. It was the same as I saw it in June. I did not check out Cambell (sp?) shelter's water because a couple of guys going SOBO told me they saw a large male bear there less than a half hour earlier. It's not that I wouldn't mind seeing a bear, I'm just not going to go out of my way to see one. Know what I mean? Well I didn't see the bear anyway. Lambert's meadow was just a trickle but was flowing as was the campsite water.

19.8 miles is a hell of a day hike, especially for me. Now it is time for beer then bed.

hey, how long did it take, start time to end time?

juma

NC Blaster
09-24-2008, 07:24
It took me 8 hrs and 45min. I regret not taking more time to enjoy it.