PDA

View Full Version : Mileage question

CBSSTony
09-17-2008, 15:24
How far is it from Tellico Hatchery (Pheasant Fields) to Green Cove Motel? I measured it on Google Earth and it looks like 8 miles, when I called the motel she said it was more like 2. I should have measured it last time I was there, but I didn't plan on walking to there, then.

Mr. Parkay
09-24-2008, 13:02
How far is it from Tellico Hatchery (Pheasant Fields) to Green Cove Motel? I measured it on Google Earth and it looks like 8 miles, when I called the motel she said it was more like 2. I should have measured it last time I was there, but I didn't plan on walking to there, then.

The distance is closer to 2 miles, I remember walking it on my hike. It's difficult to locate the Green Cove motel on google earth... since the satellite imagery is low resolution in that area. However, I think I know where it is, so I just added a placemark at it's approximate location on my google earth track, although it might be off a little.

I've also updated the Track to include the new "John Muir Trail Reroute" near the Hiawassee River.

here's a link to the google earth track: Track (http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=670580&page=&vc=1#Post670580)

--Mr. Parkay

MOWGLI
09-24-2008, 15:39
Yup. I busted it back in April and got there in about 50 minutes - 5 minutes before they closed.

Thanks for the updated track Mr. Parkay.

CBSSTony
09-25-2008, 08:38
Thanks guys, I finally figured it out and its about 1.4mi according to Tipi, but the motel says its about 2 mi. I was trying to do the sections from Tapoco south to Hwy 68, but had to get off trail due to what I thought was a pulled muscle in my back. Just a kink that got worked out and heel trouble. Not blisters but the connecting tissue. Thanks again.