PDA

View Full Version : Parking at VT/MA line

Pole Pole
09-18-2008, 10:47
Hello,
I want to leave my car at the VT/MA line and hike south. Does anyone know if there is a place to park there?
Thanks,

max patch
09-18-2008, 10:58
I parked at the Pine Cobble Trail in Williamstown, MA which joins the AT when I hiked VT.

Other people have found better places to park in town.

Do a search and you'll be able to find the threads where this has been discussed.

Pole Pole
09-18-2008, 11:20
Thanks. It is my first day on White Blaze, so I will see how i do with the thread searching .

Jan LiteShoe
09-18-2008, 11:21
Hello,
I want to leave my car at the VT/MA line and hike south. Does anyone know if there is a place to park there?
Thanks,

Hi,

I left my (new Subaru) car at a car repair shop mentioned in an old guidebook, in 2002. Cost a dollar a day.
I thought it more prudent than leaving it at the trail head. Who knows?

Anyway, when I returned after my End2End, I found the shop folks couldn't look me in the eye. My rear window was totally smashed in, and my windshield cracked. I was furious, but a gang a kids had been on a smashing spree that weekend. The shop owners didn't charge me, of course, but it was still $1,000 I hadn't planned to spend. My deductible was very high at the time.

Good luck. Find a hotel may, something closer to the police station downtown?

max patch
09-18-2008, 11:54
Wow, Jan, thats horrible.

The police told me the Pine Cobble trailhead was safe, and said they would drive by my car every while I was gone, but one would think that leaving your car at a business would be safer.

I lived in GA for 30 years and my car has been parked at every possible parking spot in GA with no problems. Yet when we went to concert in downtown Atlanta several years back and parked in one of the lots someone broke into my car and stole my radio.

Never know.

max patch
09-18-2008, 12:02
Try these. Seems like a lot of people use the Greylock Community Center.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16299&highlight=pine+cobble

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15573&highlight=pine+cobble

Red Hat
09-18-2008, 17:58
Hi,

Anyway, when I returned after my End2End, I found the shop folks couldn't look me in the eye. My rear window was totally smashed in, and my windshield cracked. I was furious, but a gang a kids had been on a smashing spree that weekend. The shop owners didn't charge me, of course, but it was still $1,000 I hadn't planned to spend. My deductible was very high at the time.

I had a similar experience when I took an Amtrak vacation a couple of years ago. My windows were busted in by who knows??? We were parked close up to the train station and should have been safe. Oh well, guess that's why we have insurance... even with high deductibles...