PDA

View Full Version : Nice trail town in PA

quasarr
09-21-2008, 00:44
Hello all,

My boyfriend is on the trail just outside Duncannon. I want to visit him in the next week or so and I'm flexible when I can leave. So I'm looking for a good trail town to meet him, especially one with a movie theater. Good restaurants are a plus as well. He's going South.

I'm posting this here because there are tons of towns in the guidebook and I don't know which one to pick. Original plan was to meet in Harper's Ferry but I'd rather visit sooner so I'm looking at PA.

Thanks!! :)

Lone Wolf
09-21-2008, 04:39
waynesboro, pa.

Hoop Time
09-21-2008, 08:23
Duncannon would have worked well, though you'd have to drive 20 minutes for the movies. But its proximity to Harrisburg would give you a lot of options, and a lot of very good restaurants.

I'm guessing he will hit Boiling Springs too quick for you to arrange to meet him there, but again that is close to Harrisburg and Carlisle, so there are a lot of amenities within a short drive.

Otherwise, LW is spot on about Waynesboro.

Yahtzee
09-21-2008, 08:45
For my money, Palmerton is the nicest PA town on the trail. There is a movie theatre one town over (6 miles away) which if you have a car won't be a problem.

There is a malt shop and the food at the Palmerton hotel is top notch. And if you catch it on a Friday or Saturday night, you can see a long-lost American teenage tradition -- cruising. Those kids just ride up and down main street all night long. It's a scene, man.

bathtub boy
09-21-2008, 10:43
Palmerton is a friendly trailtown. The locals are very nice. If your waiting on your boyfriend at the trailhead parking, you may be able to spot him comeing down the mtn from quite a distance as the south side of the gap is almost totally exsposed.

Hoop Time
09-21-2008, 13:37
Palmerton is a friendly trailtown. The locals are very nice. If your waiting on your boyfriend at the trailhead parking, you may be able to spot him comeing down the mtn from quite a distance as the south side of the gap is almost totally exsposed.

But he is SOBO, already past Palmerton.

Yahtzee
09-21-2008, 13:44
Doh!, my reading comprehension could use some brushing up. Waynesboro it is.

quasarr
09-29-2008, 13:50
Thanks everyone! I picked him up in Waynesboro yesterday :)