PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Foliage. Just as Predicted.

Homer&Marje
09-21-2008, 20:21
Just got back from Three Ponds Trail in the White Mountains. Easy to get to right off of 93, big parking lot and a nice bit of trails to walk on. We just did an overnight with a bottle of Smirnoff and some good food:D Good times were had, no one at the shelter and it only dropped to about 38 degrees. Very nice, heres the pics, I hope my picassa web album works now, but otherwise some pics are on WB.

http://picasaweb.google.com/HomerAndMarje/ThreePondsTrailShelter#

WetBottom
09-21-2008, 20:31
What lovely pictures! Looks like you had a great hike.

Maybe I should try this hike?... How is the trail? Can you give more details? Thanks!

rafe
09-21-2008, 22:35
I did an overnight this weekend up to Mt. Jefferson, via Castle Trail. I stayed at The Perch, came back down this morning on the Israel Ridge trail. Seemed to me the most trees haven't started turning yet -- though there's a slight accumulation of fallen leaves on the trail. Yesterday's weather was awesome. My legs are sore.

IMG_1247: Looking down Castle Trail, 9/20
IMG_1254: View of Castle trail from near Edmands Col, 9/20
IMG_1260: Israel Ridge Trail, 9/21

WetBottom
09-21-2008, 22:43
Those are wonderful pics!

Although what is most glaringly obvious about them to me is how much better of a photographer you are than me. :) I would take those lovely scenes and somehow make them dark and out of focus.

rafe
09-21-2008, 22:46
Those are wonderful pics!

Although what is most glaringly obvious about them to me is how much better of a photographer you are than me. :) I would take those lovely scenes and somehow make them dark and out of focus.

More here: :D www.terrapinphoto.com (http://www.terrapinphoto.com/) There's a gallery of AT photos and another one of "just plain hiking" photos. The site needs updating...

WetBottom
09-21-2008, 23:00
Oh, they are all lovely! Although it took me lots of concentration to find those hiking pics... You should make a hiking link at the top.

You should teach photography classes...

to me... for free...

:sun