PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze In A.t. Journeys

max patch
09-22-2008, 15:01
Just read in the latest A.T. Journeys that Whiteblaze.net contributed $500 to the ATC. Classy move.

Also a nice listing of libraries on the trail contributed by Jack Tarlin.

wilconow
09-22-2008, 15:31
There's a WB ad too!

max patch
09-22-2008, 16:03
There's a WB ad too!

Missed it...my mind is obviously conditioned to skip over ads.

Picture was taken by Mowgli now that you brought it to my attention.

Cookerhiker
09-22-2008, 16:19
Also in AT Journeys, the ALDHA Gathering is advertised in the classified section.

Sly
09-22-2008, 16:32
Just read in the latest A.T. Journeys that Whiteblaze.net contributed $500 to the ATC. Classy move.

I need to up my WB donation.

Ron Haven
09-22-2008, 16:45
There was a nice article about Pat and Bob Peoples compiled by Jack Tarlin,Thanks Jack :)

Ronnie Motrose
09-22-2008, 18:05

Also a nice listing of libraries on the trail contributed by Jack Tarlin.

Man thats awesome, really made my day! :D Because of this fact I will donate another $10 bucks to Whiteblaze. Its really good to know where some of the money goes.

Jack Tarlin
09-22-2008, 18:30
Haven't seen the magazine yet so I have no idea what anyone's talking about, but thanx for the kind words.

I also think that the Whiteblaze contribution to ATC was a pretty fine thing to do.

rafe
09-22-2008, 18:33
I also think that the Whiteblaze contribution to ATC was a pretty fine thing to do.

Ryan Brooks (owner/operator of the AT-L mailing list) has also organized "fund drives" for ATC. He once did that in order to quell an ongoing period of flame-fests, in fact. In effect, he bribed the listserv members into good behavior. For each consecutive flame-free day, he'd contribute X dollars to ATC. It worked.

Tin Man
09-22-2008, 18:39
Haven't seen the magazine yet so I have no idea what anyone's talking about, but thanx for the kind words.

Its a one page article by Charlotte L. Parsons with a list of "other hiker friendly libraries along the trail" compiled by Jack Tarlin

I can scan it and send it to you later tonight or tomorrow morning if you like