PDA

View Full Version : Lost Camera!

Bilge Rat
09-22-2008, 17:03
Fellow hikers,
I lost my camera on the AT on September 9, 2008 in the Bigelows. I lost it between Avery Peak and Little Bigelow Mountain. I am not concerned so much about the camera as I am about the SD card in it. There are several hundred pictures from my 2008 AT Thru-hike that cannot be replaced. If you found it, please contact me at 573-528-7162 or e-mail me at [email protected] I will pay for any costs incurred for mailing the card back to me and you can keep the camera and case. Thank You, Bilge Rat

ChinMusic
09-22-2008, 17:16
I hope it returns to you.

I have posted this before. Write your name and contact information on a piece of paper. Take a picture of this paper and save it on your memory cards. If the camera is found they will prob look thru the pics.

Better than nothing.

NICKTHEGREEK
09-22-2008, 17:52
I didn't find it but here's a suggestion. Make an "If you find me" card with some basic info: Name, E-mail, Phone, Address. Whatever you are comfortable with. Photograph it, store in your memory card and protect it from erasure. Should a good soul find it they can contact you. The double edge to the sword is should a true villain find it---- like I say only as much info as you are comfortable with.

NICKTHEGREEK
09-22-2008, 17:53
I hope it returns to you.

I have posted this before. Write your name and contact information on a piece of paper. Take a picture of this paper and save it on your memory cards. If the camera is found they will prob look thru the pics.

Better than nothing.
Darn, I'm sorry I didn't read your post before I duplicated the suggestion.:o

ChinMusic
09-22-2008, 18:13
I have noticed that there seems to be a LOT of lost cameras on the AT. I recall this coming up like a dozen times (well maybe not that many) in the last couple years. Someone in Karl's group just lost one too.

What gives?

rafe
09-22-2008, 18:30
I have noticed that there seems to be a LOT of lost cameras on the AT. I recall this coming up like a dozen times (well maybe not that many) in the last couple years. Someone in Karl's group just lost one too.

What gives?

I can't answer that... but as of last year, I've started carrying my camera in a small pouch attached to one of my pack's shoulder straps. The camera only comes out to take a photo, and goes right back into its pouch when that's done. My camera's a pretty high-priority item. I'm not saying I couldn't misplace it, but it hasn't happened yet. Knock wood!

Thinker
09-22-2008, 18:41
Sorry to hear it Bilge Rat. Hope your summit day was glorious. be safe!

Blissful
09-22-2008, 19:48
Hope you get it back. Sorry.

Spogatz
09-23-2008, 08:37
There is a website where people post pictures from cameras that have been found. Here is the URL
http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/
If they find it some of your pics could be found here and you may get it back.