PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this gear site?

adventurousmtnlvr
09-22-2008, 23:44
I was wondering if anyone has actually USED the site below who could tell me about their experience. Thanks :)

http://www.topsleepingbags.com/index.html

Wags
09-23-2008, 11:46
i have not, but then again i have a jacket fetish and not a sleeping bag one :D

adventurousmtnlvr
09-23-2008, 11:59
I can't find anything technically wrong with the site ... but a couple of prices are 'too good to be true on tents'; site reviews are perfect and somewhere on there, maybe a review, I read something about a person never a machine taking the calls. So it's a curiosity at this point as I'm interesting in a very particular tent I price daily on 25 or more sites, but just found this one. But I'd hate to be the guinea pig and 'assume' lol. But I keep hearing .... "if it's too good to be true ... it probably is" so I was hoping someone on this site has used them ...

but hikingPA ... if I run into any cool jackets I'll let you know, lol

Sly
09-23-2008, 12:44
They look fine to me, just pay with a credit card (not bank account funding through Paypal) so you have recourse, if something happens

le loupe
09-23-2008, 13:30
I'm interesting in a very particular tent I price daily on 25 or more sites, but just found this one.

Are tent prices that volatile?

adventurousmtnlvr
09-23-2008, 13:30
really? That's so odd because after seeing so many scams on MSNBC on credit; I thought paypal was safer ... hummm:-?

adventurousmtnlvr
09-23-2008, 13:52
Are tent prices that volatile?lol, interesting way to put that, lol. No wouldn't say volatile. For me I'm rather particular with quality. I never have been the practical type. The website in question, assuming it is legit, is more than $200 off on "avg" of all other sites on a particular tent until the end of the month. That's a huge chunk cheaper for me when I have little money but want something great from the get go! I am not as smart with 'buying, borrowing' on a budget. I know what I 'need' to do in order to get the gear I eventually want; however I'm too impatient and want the world NOW, lol ... And quite determined to get whatever I want :) ... not really but it's a goal in a funny sort of manner. :D (ok, I'm a dreamer with zero practicality)

Wags
09-24-2008, 23:35
please report back if you decide to go w/ this site. those prices are pretty good and i'm semi- in the market for a +10 - +20

adventurousmtnlvr
09-24-2008, 23:58
please report back if you decide to go w/ this site. those prices are pretty good and i'm semi- in the market for a +10 - +20Will do ... I think the temptation is too great. My money is tight so I will let you know though one way or another. I can't find it again, but I thought I saw something about sales on tents until the end of the month. But wow are those prices great! I may just be the guinea pig, lol.

Summit
09-25-2008, 07:00
Are tent prices that volatile?Short answer . . . YES.

Summit
09-25-2008, 07:03
Will do ... I think the temptation is too great. My money is tight so I will let you know though one way or another. I can't find it again, but I thought I saw something about sales on tents until the end of the month. But wow are those prices great! I may just be the guinea pig, lol.I did a quick search on that Eureka family tent, Copper Canyon 1610, and couldn't find it that cheap anywhere (might be in the market for a new family car-camping tent). I agree with other poster . . . pay using a Visa/Mastercard or better yet if you have one, an Amex, as they all go to bat for you if you have issues with the merchant.

adventurousmtnlvr
09-25-2008, 11:33
I'll check with the WB site owners. I had an extensive call to the owner of topsleepingbags and got State license numbers etc. They offered White Blazers a coupon but like I said I need to check with the owners before posting such a thing. It's small, but 'something' none the less :)

adventurousmtnlvr
09-25-2008, 11:55
I did go to the Secretary of State in Colorado (even though it's originally based out of Wyoming now in Colorado) and his business name does exist there. The original name is different; but after you are there, there is another link to make topsleepingbags come up. If anyone wants that info. pm me as I don't want to post private info. on a live website.

adventurousmtnlvr
09-25-2008, 12:28
UPDATE: I have been given permission from the owner of this site to post what I was told. I'm still keeping the State info private though (personal choice) but if anyone wants it, pm me. Before this legit thread gets hit with anyone thinking ??? spam or whatever you call it on this website (I don't even understand that personally) here are my facts. I'm a disabled veteran, low on money (selling things in my home for gear). I can't waste $1. Found this site with serious sale prices and being the skeptic asked all of you if anyone used it. That is the facts. Not having any direct reponse to purchases, today I called the owner and got "blunt" lol. I still could be the biggest ninny on the planet but I did get enough info. from the Secretary of State to say license is real for previous overall name and a paid for that current site name. Other than that ... can't verify anything so we are all on our own, lol. Now after speaking with WB site owner I have permission to post what I was told which is: "if anyone from WB purchases, you may put in the coupon code .. White Blaze .. and get $5 off" ... that's all I know honestly. And if anyone else buys, let me know too, lol (I don't quite have all the money I need for the tent I want).

Shmuel
09-25-2008, 20:49
I bought a sleeping bag from this site. The bag showed up in less than an week. It was new and I couldn't find any defects. So far just the price was charged to the card.

kayak karl
10-02-2008, 18:59
I was wondering if anyone has actually USED the site below who could tell me about their experience. Thanks :)

http://www.topsleepingbags.com/index.html
My Go-Lite Adrenaline 0' bag was delivered today. $279. no shipping. Good service. now i need a seamstress to convert it into a quilt for my hammock.:)

adventurousmtnlvr
10-02-2008, 21:27
Thanks both Shmuel and Kayak karl for your feedback; I'm sure that more than myself appreciates it :)

adventurousmtnlvr
10-24-2008, 10:11
it's Oct. 24th, granted ordering a tent on a Friday. I shall let everyone know how it goes :) .... ps since I didn't have all the money prior, I'm just ordering after a big garage sale and noticed this site has a RE-grand opening right now. I didn't get to look at everything though as I barely had the money for the tent. Can't wait to get it! Again, thanks to the previous posters who ordered there as well to make me feel better, lol.

adventurousmtnlvr
10-31-2008, 01:38
It's Oct. 30 Thurs and my tent arrived today all safe and sound. I set it up in my living room. Had no idea how thin ultralites are, lol. I may have a question about seam sealing ... some are and some are not but since I've never had a tent prior (for backpacking), I'm not sure if they all need it or just certain parts so I'll probably ask the manufacturer (not the seller) at this point. This has nothing to do with the seller though in any case. Overall, very happy with this company thus far :) Nice people, service and the delivery time was also good; especially considering I ordered on a Friday :) .... also, like a previous poster, I had no shipping. fyi

mudhead
10-31-2008, 08:26
So what did you get?

I like to share in the fun of new stuff when it is not my dough. Maybe I can borrow it the week Woodsy lends me his new sleeping bag.

adventurousmtnlvr
10-31-2008, 11:25
So what did you get?

I like to share in the fun of new stuff when it is not my dough. Maybe I can borrow it the week Woodsy lends me his new sleeping bag.lol, a BA Copper Spur. And a friend on here (not even on my list, lol) was kind enough to explain about the seams ... and they are correct (I was just too new) ....

adventurousmtnlvr
10-31-2008, 12:12
5067I hope I'm posting the pic but this would be my first one on this site so hopefully this will work lol. My new copper spur 2 in my living room, lol so can't do guy lines yet (or could I) :D

mudhead
10-31-2008, 13:45
You know you are happy when you set it up in the living room.

If you do need to seal seams, be careful using that kind of stuff inside. Make you goofy. Fumes.

Glad you like your fancy new tent.

adventurousmtnlvr
10-31-2008, 21:43
You know you are happy when you set it up in the living room.

If you do need to seal seams, be careful using that kind of stuff inside. Make you goofy. Fumes.

Glad you like your fancy new tent.thank you :) I initially set it up inside my house to "check it out" in order not to be blamed if it had a problem upon opening. I was even very careful in how I opened the box so I didn't have any chance to rip it in any way.

But I like your version better ;) Thanks for the tip on sealer :)

woo hoo, my first ever backpacking tent .. who remembers theirs?