PDA

View Full Version : Pockets

Stir Fry
09-23-2008, 09:41
I hate looking fore small things in my pack. Does any one know of a good way to attach several small pockets on the inside of a pack to hold small items? I tried hand sowing but its very difficult to get to some areas, looks bad to. I'm hopping for something easer.

Lyle
09-23-2008, 10:00
1) Just use a small stuff sack, packed on top of everything else.

2) Get a ULA pack with hip pockets - GREAT

3) Small, cheap camera/cell phone case, the kind that has a loop to go on a belt. These can be attached to your hip belt or shoulder straps. Just because they are sold for cameras or cell phones doesn't mean they can't be used for other things. Some have zipper openings.

BookBurner
09-23-2008, 10:39
I love my shoulder strap pockets. If that's sounds feasible, check out www.zpacks.com (http://www.zpacks.com) for some light, stable, mostly waterproof models.

NICKTHEGREEK
09-23-2008, 11:03
Sticky-back velcro worked for me. I scuffed up the inside of the pack fabric, applied the hooks. Did same to back of the zip pouch, applied loops. Stuck together, stayed stuck so far. Gorilla glue or one of those bonds anything adhesives may work, but I think the fabric coating has lots to do with how well stuff will stick

RiverWarriorPJ
09-23-2008, 11:22
..try a simple vest w/ pockets..

Sailor (The other one)
09-23-2008, 20:10
Loctite Stick n Seal glue works very well, better than Gorilla Glue. It substitutes well for sewing and holds Velcro patches to pack material. It also water proofs. The Velcro idea probably makes the most sense if you want pockets inside your pack, since it allows you to customize for every trip.
There is a Goodwill outlet near me which sells old bags including packs for 40 cents a pound. Mostly the packs are used school bags, but they - and other bags - have provided me with a cheap wealth of pockets of various sizes and materials, including mesh, as well as plastic hard wear such as side-release buckles and various poack cloths for making my own sacks and pockets.