PDA

View Full Version : 600 miles of motion-activated cameras

The Mayor
09-23-2008, 17:53
"Hundreds of motion-activated cameras dot forests throughout the East, from Great Smoky Mountain National Park to an ongoing study along 600 miles of the Appalachian Trail."

from http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/19/cougar.sightings.ap/index.html

sofaking
09-23-2008, 17:58
and? the forest service has had all sorts of monitoring devices, like pressure sensitive pads at the foot of stiles and bridges, electric eye counters at 'wilderness area' trail heads since the early '90s...i helped install quite a few, who cares?

cowboy nichols
09-23-2008, 18:08
This should encourage anyone making a nature call to go waaayyyy off the trail.

jeremynj
09-23-2008, 18:30
Sofaking, I'm new here by why the attitude towards The Mayor, it looks like he is just putting the information out there for otheres to read about.

modiyooch
09-23-2008, 19:04
no cougars, bigfoot, swamp monsters, sheep eating ??. Although Monster Quest uses these motion cameras, I haven't seen an episode yet where they catch anything on film. hmmmm

Pedaling Fool
09-23-2008, 20:22
no cougars, bigfoot, swamp monsters, sheep eating ??. Although Monster Quest uses these motion cameras, I haven't seen an episode yet where they catch anything on film. hmmmm
I wonder how many people are in suspense watching those shows?
What's funny about shows like that, is that they build suspense on what was caught on hidden camera, but you gotta know there will never be anything found on those camera(s). Because if something were captured you'd see it in the News way before that show could be produced/aired.